Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A6 2001 A6 2.7T 6-speed Manual Sedan - early notice

Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 A6 2.7T 6-speed Manual Sedan - early notice

So by "early notice" I mean the car is for sale as soon as my European Delivery gets delivered to me... Honestly my first plan is the thing is headed to CarMax for a quote, then to my dealer for a quote, and gone to whomever is higher - I want no hassle and no chance for 2nd thoughts!

Because I know how rare manual transmission 2.7Ts are, I'm putting Audiworld on notice now - if anyone seriously wants this car, start getting in touch with me and decide up front what you're willing to pay. I'm not looking to make more money and I'm not playing any games, but I'm not going to hassle with this thing. If you want it, it's got to be as easy as me dropping it at CarMax... Best case on the new car is probably end of July, so you've got time to think it over. Oh, and while I don't think he really wants it, I *DID* promise first dibs to my tech, so you might be #2 already.

Are you getting the idea that I don't want a hassle? Good

Anyway, here's what you'd be looking at:
2001 A6 2.7T Quattro Sedan, 6-speed manual, US-spec, 04/01 build date. This is the car AoA replaced my 2000 with - plenty of forum posts from back then on why. Ming Blue exterior, Melange (tan) leather interior, Bose, rear side airbags (4X4 option code), driver & passenger memory seats, cold weather package (rear heated seats).

Mileage today is ~118K, figure 120K by the time you'd get the car.

Stuff I changed:
-C5 S6 "Avus" wheels 17x8 ET35 - five of these (full-sized spare) with some minor curb rash and dings as one would expect from a 13yo car.
-Symphony CD changer replaced with PhatBox
-Audi all-weather floor mats (original carpet mats in box, used 1 day only, unknown condition - box not opened in 13 yrs)
-Removeable fog-lights without low-beams mod (see Tech Article for details)
-Added Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth phone kit
-swapped steering wheel phone controls (useless except with hardwired Audi phone) for older radio controls (allows preset selection). Somewhere I had a whole serious of postings on this.

Big stuff done:
-both turbos replaced at end of extended warranty
-instrument cluster replaced due to DIS missing lines (no issues with current one - knock on wood)
-front suspension work done (tie-rod ends, etc which go out on the C5s all went out on this one)
-electric fan and controller replaced
-secondary coolant pump replaced
-climate control blower motor replaced (4x IIRC)
-Mobil1 0W-40 run exclusively since first oil change (yes, I brought my own despite Audi paying for whatever random crap the dealer would put in)
-passenger side pre-cat O2 sensor replaced due to bad heating element
-coolant reservoir replaced
-brake fluid reservoir replaced

Stuff not done:
-numerous plastic bits broken or breaking: glovebox, center armrest support
-valve cover gaskets leak
-cam adjuster seals leak
-motor mounts dry
-driver's side pre-cat O2 sensor throwing codes
-original clutch - shows no sign of slippage but figure it's gotta be due Real Soon Now
-headlight washers don't seem to work any more

Audiworld bonuses (all subject to my finding them in the garage):
-spare glovebox (yes, seriously)
-spare Symphony radio parts
-numerous "broken" bits and pieces: turn signal lever, flasher units, fan control unit, blower motor, engine fan, original steering wheel control unit, etc (No, actually I do NOT throw anything away)
-spare Phatbox cartridge and cradle
-CD changer and magazines

Extras I'd want extra money for:
-RNS D NAV+ note the maps are 10yrs out of date, so this is damn near useless, but hella cool. I pulled it out of the car 'cuz the maps were so old, but throw me a few bucks and I'll include it.
-Audi genuine base bars - for ski racks (keeping those, sorry) or whatever

I'm sure there's a lot more I'm forgetting, and maybe I'll edit this posting over the next few weeks as I think of stuff. Obviously I'll take it down once the car is sold, so if you're reading this I haven't sold it yet.

Contact me through AW's PM system if you're seriously interested and willing to give this car a good home.

ETA old picture of car showing C5 S6 wheels:

Last edited by Richard Solomon; 07-07-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few more things I forgot:
-Includes (stock) HomeLink remote in driver's visor
-Valentine 1 pre-wired (power only, via HomeLink visor)
-blinker/flasher controller replaced 2x? - the relays in these die, oddball size so not easily replaceable alone