Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A4 2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t - 6 Speed manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t - 6 Speed manual

2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t - 6 Speed manual for repair and/or parts. Asking $4,800 obo. Borg Warner K04 Turbo with upgraded Fuel InjectorsIntegrated Engineering Forged Piston RodsAPR Stainless Steel Exhaust and downpipeNeuspeed front and rear sway bars
Overview2004.5 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 6 Speed Manual

Clean CarFax

Details of the vehicle:● 2004.5 year model (last of the B6 body style) ● Manufactured in Ingolstadt ● 1.8 liter turbo motor with a Borg Warner K04 Turbo, revo tuned with adjustable controller
● 6-speed manual gearbox

● 163K on the body, 43K on the engine

● Quattro all-wheel drive

This car has been enthusiast owned and loved from day one. I am the fifth owner and the first four are all friends. The original owner had special ordered the car to his exact liking in 2004 and owned it up until 2012 at 113K miles. He sold the car to a friend who had it for a couple years before deciding he wanted a truck. The third owner got fully into family mode with young kids and house improvements to pay for. The 4th owner also had with young kids and stuff to pay for, including a late model car coming off lease that he wanted to buy, so he did that. I bought the Avant from him a couple of months ago. I’m told the car has made about 4-6 cross country trips during its life. The third owner flew out to California to buy it and drove it home to NY which he said was an amazing trip in this Avant. The fourth owner was in upstate New York as well, and the car had a valid NY registration sticker good through sometime in 2018. After I bought it from him a few months ago, I had a number of things done, including replacing the front brakes with Zimmerman drilled rotors, Ate silver calipers, Akabono premium ceramic pads, and stainless steel brake lines. I put 4 new tires on (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+), replaced a number of minor parts with OEM (center console lid was broken, emergency triangle hatch in the trunk was broken, driver's door armrest had its finish chipping, etc), and installed a switched wire for radar detector power source by the rearview mirror. As a teenager I used to live near the Porsche factory in Germany, and I learned to drive there originally. I had an older Audi S4 for years, and thought this would be my fun upgrade. And this Avant car is really fun to drive, but I am not mechanically inclined, and I am in over my head already. Even though I have people who do all the work for me, I still need/want to understand what and why. I have had some Audis with mods, but this car is complicated way beyond anything I’ve owned. This Avant passes all the computer tests for Massachusetts emissions and inspection tests, but it will not be able to get a sticker in Massachusetts without taking additional steps, because it shows the ECU has been chipped, and two tests auto-reset each time and won’t log the required readings. But re-chipping or re-programming the ECU back to factory settings, the way the state is requiring, could cause additional problems. While I was driving it and figuring out the best way to get it fully registered and stickered, the clutch stopped working. It won’t go into gear. There was no evidence of leaking, but I had my guy replace the clutch master and slave thinking that might solve it. It didn’t. So maybe there is an issue inside the clutch? I have multiple kids going different directions every day and couldn’t not have dependable transportation, and I was tired of not having readily available wheels. So I recently bought a late model BMW hatchback, with years left on the warranty. Sidenote: I’ve driven VWs and Audis for many years. I wanted an upgrade, but I don’t want an SUV, I don’t like the Allroad body style, they haven’t made an S4 Avant in years. So I thought my only viable option was an older Avant. Then I did a little poking around and the 4-series Bimmers rock! I never knew there was an option to have a fastback coupe body style, with a hatchback that allows easy access to the full cargo area for organizing stuff, like the BMW 4-series have. I found out about that and owned one about 36 hours later. So now there is an enthusiasts’ A4 Avant up for grabs. It needs some work, and probably needs a home state that isn’t Massachusetts. Let me know if you are interested?
Performance Info:● Integrated Engineering Forged Piston Rods ● Borg Warner K04 Turbo with upgraded Fuel Injectors. (New Turbo installed 2015) ● Forge Diverter Valve (recently cleaned, greased, and replaced spring) ● REVO Tuning ECU flash w/adjustable controller, currently running around 17-20lbs of boost ● APR Stainless Steel Exhaust and downpipe (currently has a test pipe in place of the cat but cat included with the sale) ● ER Front mount intercooler with custom made innercooler piping. ● Neuspeed front and rear sway bars ● K&N drop-in air filter
● Apexi Turbo Timer
● AWE Tuning vent-mounted boost gauge
Known repairs needed:Clutch – The clutch just started having issues a couple of days ago. Couldn’t find leak from master or slave so could be clutch itself. But the reservoir was dry, so they tried filling and bleeding. Then replaced master and slave which made a bit of difference, but it still doesn’t work right. Driver’s side rear seat fold-down mechanism lever assembly – The fold-down still works, but the lever and cover over it need to be reinstalled. I bought some of the new OEM parts, but the shop doing the install for me said there’s still a missing bolt that I never got around to tracking down. Hood needs to be repainted. Clear coat is shot.
Engine:Full Engine Rebuild in 2012 (All parts were OEM unless stated otherwise)- New Genuine Audi Cylinder Head - Integrated Engineering forged piston rods
- USP Bearings

- Water pump

- Timing Belt

- Timing Rollers

- Timing Belt Tensioner

- Timing Belt Dampener

- Serpentine Belt

- Head Gasket Set

- Coolant Flange

- Heater hose

- Breather Assembly- Front & Rear Crank Seal
- Thermostat

- G12++ Coolant· New Factory SACHS clutch and LUK dual mass flywheel (2013)· New OEM Slave & Master Cylinder (2013)· New OEM Radiator (2015), radiator fan and auxiliary fan assembly with shroud (April 2014)· New Borg Warner K04 Turbo (2015)· 034 Motor & Trans Mount· New secondary air pump (2016)
Suspension: ● Bilstein Sport shocks with Eibach Sport Springs (springs installed Winter 2014)● New tie-rod ends (Spring 2013) ● Front rearward lower control arms (February 2014) ● New Front sway bar links (Winter 2013)
Brakes:New Front Calipers, Pads, Rotors & S/S Lines (2017) Zimmerman brake rotors -- drilled

ATE calipers

Akebono brake pads, premium ceramic

Stainless steel brake hoses New Rear Pads and Rotors (2016)
Interior:● Full Carbon Fiber Trim Kit out of a B6 S4 ● Auto Dimming mirrors

Exterior: · Audi Lighting Package: Auto Leveling Xenon· Alloy wheels with brand new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3· Car is badgeless except front grille (rings painted black)· 3M clear bra on nose of the vehicle and small portion right above the windshield· New Windshield (Replaced due to rock chip) (2016) · Replaced Windshield wiper motor and linkage (2016)
Cosmeticso The clear coat on the hood is shot, and the hood should be repainted. o Couple small door dings on passenger sideo Couple scratches on the body, mainly rear bumper from loading/unloading. o Typical wear and tear you would see with a 10+ year old car. I am happy to answer any questions that I can, just email me.
Thanks for looking.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this formatting any easier to read?...2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t - 6 Speed manual for repair and/or parts. Asking $4,800 obo. Borg Warner K04 Turbo with upgraded Fuel InjectorsIntegrated Engineering Forged Piston RodsAPR Stainless Steel Exhaust and downpipeNeuspeed front and rear sway bars

Overview2004.5 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 6 Speed Manual

Clean CarFax

Details of the vehicle:● 2004.5 year model (last of the B6 body style) ● Manufactured in Ingolstadt ● 1.8 liter turbo motor with a Borg Warner K04 Turbo, revo tuned with adjustable controller

● 6-speed manual gearbox

● 163K on the body, 43K on the engine

● Quattro all-wheel drive

This car has been enthusiast owned and loved from day one. I am the fifth owner and the first four are all friends. The original owner had special ordered the car to his exact liking in 2004 and owned it up until 2012 at 113K miles. He sold the car to a friend who had it for a couple years before deciding he wanted a truck. The third owner got fully into family mode with young kids and house improvements to pay for. The 4th owner also had with young kids and stuff to pay for, including a late model car coming off lease that he wanted to buy, so he did that. I bought the Avant from him a couple of months ago. I’m told the car has made about 4-6 cross country trips during its life. The third owner flew out to California to buy it and drove it home to NY which he said was an amazing trip in this Avant. The fourth owner was in upstate New York as well, and the car had a valid NY registration sticker good through sometime in 2018. After I bought it from him a few months ago, I had a number of things done, including replacing the front brakes with Zimmerman drilled rotors, Ate silver calipers, Akabono premium ceramic pads, and stainless steel brake lines. I put 4 new tires on (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+), replaced a number of minor parts with OEM (center console lid was broken, emergency triangle hatch in the trunk was broken, driver's door armrest had its finish chipping, etc), and installed a switched wire for radar detector power source by the rearview mirror. As a teenager I used to live near the Porsche factory in Germany, and I learned to drive there originally. I had an older Audi S4 for years, and thought this would be my fun upgrade. And this Avant car is really fun to drive, but I am not mechanically inclined, and I am in over my head already. Even though I have people who do all the work for me, I still need/want to understand what and why. I have had some Audis with mods, but this car is complicated way beyond anything I’ve owned. This Avant passes all the computer tests for Massachusetts emissions and inspection tests, but it will not be able to get a sticker in Massachusetts without taking additional steps, because it shows the ECU has been chipped, and two tests auto-reset each time and won’t log the required readings. But re-chipping or re-programming the ECU back to factory settings, the way the state is requiring, could cause additional problems. While I was driving it and figuring out the best way to get it fully registered and stickered, the clutch stopped working. It won’t go into gear. There was no evidence of leaking, but I had my guy replace the clutch master and slave thinking that might solve it. It didn’t. So maybe there is an issue inside the clutch? I have multiple kids going different directions every day and couldn’t not have dependable transportation, and I was tired of not having readily available wheels. So I recently bought a late model BMW hatchback, with years left on the warranty. Sidenote: I’ve driven VWs and Audis for many years. I wanted an upgrade, but I don’t want an SUV, I don’t like the Allroad body style, they haven’t made an S4 Avant in years. So I thought my only viable option was an older Avant. Then I did a little poking around and the 4-series Bimmers rock! I never knew there was an option to have a fastback coupe body style, with a hatchback that allows easy access to the full cargo area for organizing stuff, like the BMW 4-series have. I found out about that and owned one about 36 hours later. So now there is an enthusiasts’ A4 Avant up for grabs. It needs some work, and probably needs a home state that isn’t Massachusetts. Let me know if you are interested?

Performance Info:● Integrated Engineering Forged Piston Rods ● Borg Warner K04 Turbo with upgraded Fuel Injectors. (New Turbo installed 2015) ● Forge Diverter Valve (recently cleaned, greased, and replaced spring) ● REVO Tuning ECU flash w/adjustable controller, currently running around 17-20lbs of boost ● APR Stainless Steel Exhaust and downpipe (currently has a test pipe in place of the cat but cat included with the sale) ● ER Front mount intercooler with custom made innercooler piping. ● Neuspeed front and rear sway bars ● K&N drop-in air filter

● Apexi Turbo Timer

● AWE Tuning vent-mounted boost gauge

Known repairs needed:Clutch – The clutch just started having issues a couple of days ago. Couldn’t find leak from master or slave so could be clutch itself. But the reservoir was dry, so they tried filling and bleeding. Then replaced master and slave which made a bit of difference, but it still doesn’t work right. Driver’s side rear seat fold-down mechanism lever assembly – The fold-down still works, but the lever and cover over it need to be reinstalled. I bought some of the new OEM parts, but the shop doing the install for me said there’s still a missing bolt that I never got around to tracking down. Hood needs to be repainted. Clear coat is shot.

Engine:Full Engine Rebuild in 2012 (All parts were OEM unless stated otherwise)- New Genuine Audi Cylinder Head - Integrated Engineering forged piston rods

- USP Bearings

- Water pump

- Timing Belt

- Timing Rollers

- Timing Belt Tensioner

- Timing Belt Dampener

- Serpentine Belt

- Head Gasket Set

- Coolant Flange

- Heater hose

- Breather Assembly

- Front & Rear Crank Seal

- Thermostat

- G12++ Coolant

· New Factory SACHS clutch and LUK dual mass flywheel (2013)· New OEM Slave & Master Cylinder (2013)· New OEM Radiator (2015), radiator fan and auxiliary fan assembly with shroud (April 2014)· New Borg Warner K04 Turbo (2015)· 034 Motor & Trans Mount· New secondary air pump (2016)

Suspension: ● Bilstein Sport shocks with Eibach Sport Springs (springs installed Winter 2014)● New tie-rod ends (Spring 2013) ● Front rearward lower control arms (February 2014) ● New Front sway bar links (Winter 2013)

Brakes:New Front Calipers, Pads, Rotors & S/S Lines (2017) Zimmerman brake rotors -- drilled

ATE calipers

Akebono brake pads, premium ceramic

Stainless steel brake hoses New Rear Pads and Rotors (2016)

Interior:● Full Carbon Fiber Trim Kit out of a B6 S4 ● Auto Dimming mirrors

Exterior: · Audi Lighting Package: Auto Leveling Xenon· Alloy wheels with brand new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3· Car is badgeless except front grille (rings painted black)· 3M clear bra on nose of the vehicle and small portion right above the windshield· New Windshield (Replaced due to rock chip) (2016) · Replaced Windshield wiper motor and linkage (2016)

Cosmeticso The clear coat on the hood is shot, and the hood should be repainted. o Couple small door dings on passenger sideo Couple scratches on the body, mainly rear bumper from loading/unloading. o Typical wear and tear you would see with a 10+ year old car. I am happy to answer any questions that I can, just email me.

Thanks for looking.