Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi TT 2005 TT Roadster, Quattro, 1.8T, 225hp, 6-speed manual : FOR SALE : CA 91321

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 TT Roadster, Quattro, 1.8T, 225hp, 6-speed manual : FOR SALE : CA 91321

84847 miles (as of end of May 2019, may grow a little bit!)

Please ,essage me with your email/phone with specific questions. I'll call you back. Thank you.
The car is in Santa Clarita, CA.
———————————————————————

This car has extensive maintenance history, (The car had been owned by an aircraft mechanic, by a physicist, before me. While these aren’t a sure sign of anything, the record shows that it had been looked after rather closely. I’m a craftsman/musician, who loves mechanical work and design/fab. I’ve done below maintenances/repairs since I’ve bought the car. (will include printed receipts in the maintenance record pile)

1. Removed the Parrot bluetooth system and turned the wiring back to stock. Instead, I installed a plug-n-play (no splicing, uses existing ports on the back of the stock head unit) GROM audio USB/AUX module. Bluetooth can be added by adding a bluetooth dongle to the GROM box hidden behind the stock head unit.

2. About a hundred mile ago, (in March this year) I changed engine oil (LiquiMoly Leichtlauf 5W-40 full synthetic), filter (OEM), transmission oil (3x Ravenol MTF-3 75w), rear differential oil(1x Ravenol VSG 75w90 GL-4/GL-5), and OEM Haldex filter and fluid.

3. I sent out the speedometer assembly to have it repaired/rebuilt as the center pixel screen was dead (as many other VW/Audi from the era)

4. Z-Edge S3 2 channel dash cam (Front/back) installed.

5. A set of Vesafe TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring system) installed.

The GROM phone interface, Dash cam, and TPMS are all non-intrusive and can be removed completely and cleanly.

I’ll include the following with the car : Haldex filter wrench, a couple bottles of OEM brake fluid, 1 and a bit more jug of OEM coolant, OEM Mann air filter, Stock Tonneau cover for the soft top, and a car cover for the soft top, Heynes manual, fabric top maintenance spray, and most importantly - Ross-Tech VAG-COM. You can check all VW/Audi specific codes and test sensors, and program new keys, etc. with this USB interface.

———————————————————————

I bought the car with 83549 miles, had the car for 1 1/4 years now, and have driven 1200 miles or so during that time. It’s been a great mountain carver and also an eye-catcher around town whenever I found time to bring the car out for a spin. It hadn’t given me any trouble on the road safety and performance-wise, and with restoration/repair listed above and the full fluid change done in March with top-notch components, I expect the car to be fully ready for enjoyment till the arrival of next maintenance cycle.
For the reason I’m selling the car, I’m not driving it enough even for a second car, and also I’m looking to use the garage space to do some craft work and in need of space.

The exterior and interior are very well kept, clean, stock. Wheels had curb rashes removed and of course - just been washed and waxed, convertible top fabric and seat leather had all been treated with appropriate conditioners and UV protectants. The car was garaged in my time with it and the owner before, convertible top is very clean and in mint condition. (The top had been replaced by the previous owner. Work receipt included.)

One thing I’ve been meaning to get to is the remote fobs, The car has 2 remote fob keys and 1 plain key as it should, but rubber parts on the two fobs were falling off when I got the car. One fob still works, but the other one failed soon after I got it and I replanted the immobilizer capsule and the laser cut key to a replacement one - but the Ross-Tech VAG-COM programming hasn’t worked on the replacement, while the stock key reprograms again and again just fine - the best bet would be finding an OEM key from the era from E-bay and programming it yourself with VAG-COM, I’ll leave this to you since it can take time waiting to fish out a fob off ebay.

Long story short, one of the best kept/low-mile/top trim/last model year for mk1 you’ll find around.
I’ll provide the CarFax report I just purchased, and also provide a smog test. (I think that’s the law with the smog anyways, am I right?)
The car is priced according to KBB and CarFax data, Asking price : 9000.

Thanks for looking!
———————————————————————

From the maintenance record, minus the usual/scheduled maintenance items.

Water pump, timing belt, cylinder head. - the most important! The timing belt is probably your biggest question regarding any mk1 TT or mk4 Golf - the record shows the work was done under warranty by Audi, no compression nor oil consumption issues, as reported by me and the previous owner, and my garage floor! The whole top half of the engine is less than 30k miles old.
55251 miles

Coolant temp sensor
59921 miles

Wind deflector gears
64508 miles

Thermostat, Temp sensor, Hose
64826 miles

Fuel injectors, upper and lower seals, Left door latch assembly
70668 miles

Spark plugs, ignition coils, Fuel filter, PVC vent hose, Throttle body cleaning
71313 miles

74868 miles
Front upper strut mounts
Left front axle assembly

Engine speed control sensor
80061 miles

Convertible top
late 70000 miles (work receipt)

Clutch
early 80000 miles (parts receipts)

1 accident on carfax - Photo included in the listing, along with then-owner's note. A vehicle backed up and hit front number plate holder. Bumper replaced by insurance.
78452 miles