Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A4 2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - $5,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - $5,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California

Few more pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ifbwds2q...N555SalHa?dl=0
Craigslist add: https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/6142985136.html

Every feature available, meticulous mechanical maintenance, every common issue with these cars has been fixed and upgraded to a better Audi OEM part (fuel pump tappet, metal water pump, metal boost regulator, glovebox door, etc.). My current mechanics are Audi/VW master mechanics and I would be happy to refer you to them if you end up being local. I spent a long time finding this particular model/features/combo.

Everyone knows maintenance trumps mileage and you will not find a better maintained or documented Audi, period. Take a look at the second to last picture, you'll see a huge stack of papers - every single maintenance record for this car, ask me for the 3 page CarFax maintenance history and I'll send it to you for free. 80% of the miles are highway miles and I have used Shell premium gas all but 4 times (not paying attention on 2 road trips). If you know much about cars you know that there is a huge difference between short trips and trips where the car comes up to operating temp for an extended time. A perfectly maintained 10 year old car is a jewel, a 10 year old "grocery getter" is money pit. I have always allowed the car to warm up until the RPMs dropped before driving - to my wife's unending annoyance...

So what are the catches?
- It has the typical 10 year old wear; dings outside, buttons and driver seat wear, etc. That said, when I give rides passengers don't believe it's a 10 year old/190k car but that doesn't make it's a show car
- Front bumper got caught on a curb by the wife, busted a couple clips
- The rear tint is starting to bubble, it doesn't bug me but I don't believe in "surprises" for the buyer
- The bushings are squeaky in the morning when it's cold. After the wheels have turned once or twice it goes away
- That is literally it!

You could fix all of this for a couple hundred bucks, some elbow grease and touch up the paint if you wanted to. I didn't have the time and chose to spend my money on other things that actually affected the vehicle's performance - maintenance/upgrades and quality tires. I could not mention most of those things and you wouldn't notice in a test drive but this car should go to a good home. If you want a (now crazy cheap) luxury commuter, like I did, you found one!

Features:
- IIHS Top Safety Pick (ESP/ABS/Side curtain airbags, etc.)
- Optional rear side curtain airbags
- 2.0 liter turbocharged FSI inline 4 cylinder engine (Updated in 2006 to 217 bhp/221 lb-ft, less problems, better gas milage and cheaper maintenance than the V6s)
- 27 MPG (32 MPG on road trips) averaged over the last 125k miles via the trip computer
- 6-speed ZF 6 hp Tiptronic transmission (automatic transmission with sport mode, paddle shifters on the steering wheel and the option for manual shifting)
- Quattro (Full time all-wheel drive developed for the RS4. The tiptronic transmission or manual with Quattro all wheel drive is the most reliable drivetrain combination Audi makes for these cars)
- S-Line package (upgraded sport suspension, unique body and bumpers, 3 spoke steering wheel, brushed aluminum trim, larger unique 18" wheels and performance tires, S-Line badges - don't be fooled by the 07/08's with exterior S-Line badges, look at the steering wheel)
- Upgraded RS4 honeycomb grill
- Premium Package (includes Homelink remote transmitter, power front passenger seat, rain sensor, heated front seats, auto-dimming inside mirror with compass, auto-dimming and power folding outside mirrors)
- Technology Package 2 (bi-xenon adaptive road tracking headlamps, adaptive front lighting, memory for the driver's seat adjustment and exterior mirror positions and a color trip computer, Bluetooth and voice control)
- Bose Audio Package and DVD Navigation System (Large infotainment display, Bose sound system and XM Satellite Radio, multi disc CD changer)
- Sunroof Package
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Full sized spare with a brand new tire
- Free pair of snow chains, these Quattros will go absolutely anywhere
Attached Thumbnails 2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-overview-collage.jpg   2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-s-line-collage.jpg   2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-trunk-collage.jpg   2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-small-img_2157.jpg   2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-small-img_2128.jpg  

2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-small-img_2134.jpg   2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-2017-02-14-07.21.31.jpg   2006 A4 Quattro S-Line - ,000/191,XXX miles/Southern California-2017-02-16-21.30.58.jpg