Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A3 2006 Audi A3 2.0T - Needs Balance Shaft Repair - For $ or Trade

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Audi A3 2.0T - Needs Balance Shaft Repair - For $ or Trade

I started repairing the balance shaft/oil pickup on my Audi and like many projects ...... I never finished. I never finished so long ago that it's safe to assume I'll keep being lazy about this into the foreseeable future.

This car was my daily driver for a few years and I love her very much. I called her Maxine, and Maxi has a few tricks up her sleeve:

Custom Vogtland and Koni Suspension
Urethane bushings in all the right places
APR Tuning - 4 programs
P-Flo Intake
Catch-Can
Upgraded Subframe mounts and bolts
Front and Rear Eibach Adjustable Swaybars
TSW Donington Rims in Matte Black
..........it goes on

Sport Trim (from factory)
Leather - Black with white stitching
Heated Seats
6-Disk CD
BOSE Audio
6-Speed Manual
2.0 Turbo
120-130,000 Miles on the clock, I don't remember
she gets 28-30 mpg on the highway
VIN: WAUMF78P26A001886

Understand, this car is not currently running, the lower timing cog and oil pan are off. To get her to purr again a couple parts and some time is needed to repair the balance shaft and reinstall the timing chain. It's accumulated a couple scratches sitting in the garage, many of which can be buffed. The front bumper was damaged while getting it off the trailer and into storage. Those issues aside she's ready to party hardy.

The head was recently rebuilt, new turbo installed, and I have otherwise maintained the car very well and obsessively repaired or replaced every known issue with model: timing chain tensioner, carbon build-up, decoking, etc. If you get it running, it will go for many more years.

I can't count the number of times I was flagged down so a stranger could tell me, "Nice car!"

I'm offering this gem to the kind people of Craigslist for a BEST OFFER or TRADE. I'm always looking for professional wood and metal working equipment, maybe a motorcycle, actually I'm pretty open if you got something(s) cool that seem of equivalent value.

KBB says it's worth $2600 - $4600, but it doesn't run, and has performance and style modifications 7-10K worth.

Do some math. Make an offer! I can scrap it for $1300, I have a buddy in the local first aid squad to use it as a training vehicle, so use that as a start. I'd like to see this thing gone ASAP.

Email - David
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Audi A3 2.0T - Needs Balance Shaft Repair - For $ or Trade-audi.jpg   2006 Audi A3 2.0T - Needs Balance Shaft Repair - For $ or Trade-audi2.jpg