Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other 87 Audi 5000 cs turbo quattro Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 Audi 5000 cs turbo quattro Seattle

Rare classic gorgeous quattro. Not very many left unabused or in great condition. As beautiful as it is, this car did not fulfill the purpose for which I bought it back in 2004, and it is not the car's fault. It was meant to be a replacement for my rally car once I wreck the race car. As it turned out, I never wrecked the race car, and I quit the rally scene; I did however continue to drive the race car on the streets. Between those two identical cars, I always preferred the race car, more fun, faster, lighter, etc. When it finally expired due to the years of racing, I parted it out and sent to the junkyard whatever was left. There are about 117k miles on the car, and I believe this to be a true estimate even though the odo stopped working; I bought the car with 90k, and that's what my 88 Firebird had as well in 2004; I am the first owner of the Pontiac, its odo works just fine, and those two cars see pretty much the same non driving conditions. Between my 4 cars, those two see the least action; the Firebird on sunny days, the Audi in the winter or for long drives, since it's very roomy and confy. I prefer my BMW even though I tried to infuse some performance in the Audi with parts left over from the rally car. The same car they may be, but unlike its sister, this quattro has been babied, I never had to change the clutch all those years.
I did change the brakes with Pagid pads, even though the ones it came with are still half good.
New Bilstein HD at all corners.
New radiator two weeks ago, replaced under warranty.
New heater core about three years ago, I have kept all receipts.
New paint in 2012, I decided to have them paint over the faded bumpers, and it looks great.
Battery is less than a year old. I usually disconnect it when parked for longer periods.
Power steering pump and rack changed at 90k by the previous owner, still good, no leaks.
Timing belt and water pump done 4 years ago.
Right now I have the rally car's exhaust on, which consists of a straight pipe going to the muffler. The muffler is connected with a flange, two screws and it comes off. Depends how loud or quiet you want it to be. I do have the complete and original system with the cat, resonators and muffler, comes with the car.
So does another set of OEM Audi wheels with studded snow tires. I only used them once, but with this car there isn't really much need for them. Remember this is the first generation quattro, which means you can lock both center and rear diffs and they stay locked at all speeds. Once you do that, ground clearance is the only thing that can get this car stuck. Few years ago when we had that ice storm, I was running circles around stuck WRXs with all their smart, awd systems. No problem going up and down icy hills with the Goodyears that are on the car now. Once you get used to this car's behavior on snow, which is understeer at the entry of a turn, oversteer at the exit, you are good to go.
The interior is also in great condition, leather is not worn anywhere although some thread came undone.
Of course electric windows, roof, seats, mirrors, cruise control that works, after all this car was over $30k back in '87.
The car comes with a lot of spare parts, I even kept the rally car's fenders, some glass, window regulators, hoses, turbo, too many to list.
This is a great car for an Audi enthusiast, solid and reliable, properly maintained, easy to work on. I always keep my cars in perfect shape, both inside and out, but as I'm getting older, four cars is a bit more than I can handle. Try waxing four cars in one day, see what it feels like.

Price : $3,400

Last edited by GroupBquattro; 04-04-2016 at 10:44 AM.