Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A6 99 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 AWD. $1500 in recent maint. Priced LOW since Tranny slips. $1999

Old 05-09-2014, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 AWD. $1500 in recent maint. Priced LOW since Tranny slips. $1999

Located in Vancouver WA. Priced at $1,999

1999 Audi A6 Avant Wagon 2.8L V6 Quattro AWD Wagon Tiptronic Automatic, $1500 in recent Maintenance, Enthusiast owned, TONS of service history. *Priced LOW, as it has a slipping transmission*

TONS of service records, and $1,500 in RECENT maintenance. My loss/Your Gain. I am a European car enthusiast and treat my cars accordingly. I have put a lot into this car and it'll treat you better than most of the comparable ones on the market.

Car was running fantastic until the transmission started slipping. I can drive it around the neighborhood, but then it starts to slip, so it needs some work or a swap. Used transmissions typically go on Craigslist for $400 to $600. I found a used transmission with 135k miles on it on ebay for $700 shipped with a 1 year guarantee. I just don't have the time or ability to take on a transmission swap project.

Before the transmission slipping, the car had no Check Engine lights or Brake or ABS warning lights. (Car would have passed emissions just fine.) Just this winter, I drove the car back and forth to Mt Hood Meadows 20+ times as well as trips to Bend, Sun Valley, and Whistler. It is the best road trip car I've ever owned. It's been a fantastic car and combines Euro luxury/performance/style/AWD.

As you can guess by the fact that I just did hoses, reservoir, coolant flush, control arms, and a full brake job with premium pads and rotors (see below); I had no intention of selling this car. But I'm just not in a position to get the transmission fixed, so I have to downsize and move on.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I can tell you that this car does NOT have a salvage title, but I found out when I bought it that it had a manufacturer buyback sometime WAY back in its past. Buybacks under the lemon law typically mean that someone had an issue that the dealer couldn't fix upon 3 attempts while it was under warranty and the manufacturer had to buy the car back. Since this car had 187k miles on it when I bought it and a lengthy list of items that had already been replaced (including the transmission), I'm pretty confident that whatever this buyback issue was it's certainly not something that's an issue on the car now. However, I wanted to be forthcoming as it shows on the title.

Modifications and Upgrades
- 17" S4 Avus wheels with studless winter tires.
- New 30% VLT non-metallic window tint - European Hella Clear Corner E-Code HID headlights (with NO Amber reflectors).
- Mesh Kamei Front Grill with Audi Rings attached
- Debadged rear hatch (removed emblems for a cleaner look)
- I had a custom stereo system in the car, but I have since taken that out, so the car is being sold without a stereo system. However, the car will come "pre-wired" for a custom stereo. It has RCA cables running from front to back as well as power cable running from by the battery to the back where you'd put amps. Additionally, in the compartment where the factory changer used to be, there is a custom speaker box and panel for a hidden 10" subwoofer so that the box takes no cargo space.
- I will include another panel to cover where the subwoofer box is in case you want to go back to stock and not have a sub in there.
- I also have an additional carpeted trunk floor panel that I'll throw in with the purchase as I won't need it.

Standard Features
- 2.8 Liter V6 engine with 221k miles
- Tiptronic Automatic transmission with manual up/down mode (as noted above, tranny is slipping)
- Black Leather Seats that are power on both sides in the front and heated front AND rear.
- Audi Quattro all wheel drive system
- Anti-lock brakes (NEW pads/rotors/fluid)
- Homelink Garage Door Opener
- Power Moonroof with slide/tilt
- Auto Dimming mirrors, power/heated left and right.
- Roof Rails
- Keyless entry remote/alarm, two extra standard keys
- Dual side Digital Climate control
- Trip computer that shows MPG, Distance to Empty, Average speed, trip duration (LCD for computer is in good condition)
- Factory Pet Barrier net
- has the 3rd row seat belts and attachment points, but does not have the actual 3rd row seat. If you sourced a seat, it'd fit right into the car.

Maintenance
165k miles - Timing belt, Water pump, Thermostat, Tensioners, Coolant Flush, Retorque steering rack, replace radiator, Spark plugs & plug wires, filters, fluids, Passenger CV Boot
167k miles - N80 Purge Valve, Used Transmission, new transmission fluid/filter, Exhaust downpipe gasket, Brake light switch
169k miles - Replaced 4 upper control arms, motor mounts, sway bar end links, shift ****, Quattro output shaft seal
181k miles - Driver's outer CV boot, hard brake line & both front brake lines replaced, brake system flush
188k miles - replaced moonroof with new assembly and seals
189k miles - Replaced dented driver's door (someone backed into previous owner) with a silver door from a 2000 A6. Swapped over locks and hardware. *Door's silver is just a tiny bit off from rest of car. See Pictures.
190k miles - Replaced passenger camshaft chain tensioner, added auxillary transmission cooler, replaced cam position sensor, repaired cruise control module
195k miles - replaced MAF sensor, new vacuum lines, air filter, spark plugs
210k miles - New Battery, replaced corroded battery cables and terminals
220k miles - Complete Brake job (Meyle Rotors, Pagid Pads, ATE Brake fluid = $500+), replaced upper radiator hose, replaced lower oil cooling hoses, Coolant flush with Pensotin G12 replaced coolant reservoir and cap, new windshield washer pump, drivers side cam position sensor, New 4 front Lower Control Arms @ $600 installed

Current Issues
- Car is missing the lower left (driver's side) foglight grill. I can show you where you can get one of these for $10 on ebay.
- Transmission slips
- Typical nicks and such of a car of it's age, but it really is in good condtion overall.

I fixed tons of little thing on this car so fix the transmission and you'll have an amazing car for a great price.