Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other FS: 1986 Audi 5000CS TQ & a Parts Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1986 Audi 5000CS TQ & a Parts Car

1986 Audi 5000cs Turbo Quattro
2.2L 5-speed Manual
Mileage: 202,xxx
3rd Owner
Purchase Price: $3500.00 OBO
Title in hand

History of Ownership:
In 1986, the vehicle was purchased new off of the lot of Sewickley Audi, Pittsburgh, PA by a white collar for his daughter to use. The vehicle was meticulously maintained by the dealership over the three years of their ownership. This specific vehicle was awarded the 1987 Winner in the "1 Lap of America" Performance Class (see photo). The car was then sold to the second owner, a family friend. I personally performed maintenance and restoration projects on the vehicle for years. In 2009, the owner decided that he wanted a newer vehicle and ended up gifting me with the car, since I had worked on it for years.

Features:
Audi factory installed car phone, in working condition
Audi factory installed front fog lights
Electric seats with memory settings
Black leather seats and door cards; These are not the original seats as they were replaced
Maroon paint; Clear Coat is chipping and will need attention
Audi Fuchs 15" rims with Bridgestone Potenza's (2500 miles on tires) (excellent condition)

Included in sale:
Numerous spare parts that have been collected over the past 28 years, to include a 1987 Audi 5000cs Turbo Quattro parts car with approximately 150,000 miles before it was removed from service. Title is in hand. The engine has been pulled and partially disassemble, as it was in the middle of a rebuild. The head was ported and polished with new seals, valves and hardware. Most receipts/paperwork should be available. A lower mileage turbo and exhaust manifold has also been restored and can be installed at any time. (I will have photos available ASAP.) A complete set of Audi Factory Bentley repair manuals. ANY and ALL spare parts are included in the sale, and is non-negotiable!

Condition:
Typical suspension surface rust. Very minor body rust for a 31 year old vehicle.
Fuel tank and filler tube will need replaced (minor leak at the seam where the fuel tank halves are crimped together). A replacement fuel tank is ready for installation as well as a filler-tube from the parts car. While the fuel tank is removed, a lower-mileage rear differential and complete suspension is ready for minor restoration and reinstall. All electrical components are in working order.

Most Recent Maintenance/New parts:
- Water Pump
- Timing Belt, Alternator Belt, Power Steering Belt, AC Belt
- Tensioner
- Radiator with coolant flush
- Radiator fan with upgraded fan blade
- Power Steering rack with Pentosin oil flush
- Front & Rear main crank seals
- Clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing & pilot bearing
- Flywheel
- Low-mileage transmission with all new seals and fully-synthetic gear oil
- Newly painted valve-cover and various engine components (3-stage automotive paint)
- Engine and Tranny mounts with new stainless steel hardware
- 034 upgraded gear shifter grommet/bushing
- New front and rear brake pads and rotors; calipers were also replaced with rebuilt units and are now exhibiting surface rust.

There are additional updates/new parts on this vehicle and I will update as I go through my paperwork. I will also add additional pictures when I get the chance. I would truly like to sell the vehicle to an Audi enthusiast that can continue to keep this vehicle up and running as it has special meaning to me. I personally do not have the time to give this vehicle the time it deserves. The price is OBO, which means OR BEST OFFER, so submit your best offer! Call/text with any questions.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure why my photos did not post, so I will post a link to pictures shortly.