Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Other FS in RI: 2004 S4 Avant Manual B6

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS in RI: 2004 S4 Avant Manual B6

I am selling my baby unicorn, a 2004 manual S4 Avant (light grey Alcantara with Recaro black leather (awesome seats), 6 speed manual, 4.2L V8, B6), to make room for a 1995 Audi S6 Avant (manual)... It is painful for me. Please note I am a lifetime Audi Club member, Audifans member, an Audi enthusiast, owner of a 1985 4000cs quattro, 1994 S4, 1995.5 S6, 1995 S6 Avant...

This is an immaculately maintained, garaged daily driver with 124k miles: all receipts with water pump, fuel pump, oil, Hawk HPS street/sport pads, HC premium vented rotors, new starter, new control arms, CV boots, new battery, TireRack receipts for tires with new full sized spare (and snow tires). It has had three owners. I bought it from an older Navy officer who was solid.

The good: it runs great and is everything you dreamed of: comes with summer performance tires and a second set of winter wheels with snow tires. It has a towing hitch, the Bose package with awesome sound, Recaro seats, Audi rubber mats, weather tech rear cover, clean history, and torque (LOTS of torque). The bad: it has some scratches and paint wear, the driver's heated seat doesn't work (small burn hole is noted in the leather), the rear hatch sometimes takes a couple tries to close and it burns a bit of oil on the highway. There is small sidewall damage to one tire (my fault) and noted in the photos. It burns NO oil around town and starts up clean. It has a very mild timing chain noise on start-up sometimes.

It has never been tracked. Always used synthetic oil (usually Mobil 1) as well as former owner. Fill ups with high octane only. It has the owners manual and two keys (I have a third, but unable to locate it currently, will try to find it).

Click here for high quality photos:2004AvantS4. Happy to take photos of anything you want and the underside is clean. I have all documented maintenance by a known Audi mechanic with no expense spared. Car is presently in Rhode Island. No lowballs please, no joyrides, no trades. You will not be disappointed and will love it. Everything works other than noted. VIN: WAUXL68E34A142199. Clean title. Asking $15,900.00 cash.

Old 05-01-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Price drop.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Is this still available?
Old 05-20-2019, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes. One offer accepted, but buyer didn't show up...
Old 06-03-2019, 12:03 PM
PBM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Given the mild timing chain noise, can you please confirm, no timing chain guide service has been done? Nor any clutch work? Those seem to be done in tandem.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

There has been no clutch work, but I have a stack of other repairs/maintenance records. The starting noise is very mild and does not occur most of the time. It is unlikely this will need to be addressed in the near future, but I'm not a mechanic. Yet to have any interested party actually show up! The car will show well, and I've been over-honest, I think. Thank you.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Price drop: 8,400.00
Old 06-07-2019, 05:50 AM
PBM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jjmcvay
There has been no clutch work, but I have a stack of other repairs/maintenance records. The starting noise is very mild and does not occur most of the time. It is unlikely this will need to be addressed in the near future, but I'm not a mechanic. Yet to have any interested party actually show up! The car will show well, and I've been over-honest, I think. Thank you.
Thanks for the reply! Will pass on this one, but best of luck with the sale. Definitely a great pick up for someone that can successfully put in the extra work!