Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A4 FS: (Vancouver BC) 2006 A4 Avant Quattro 2.0T / DSG Cad$9,000

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 PM
Cars, Bikes, Beer, Travel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: (Vancouver BC) 2006 A4 Avant Quattro 2.0T / DSG Cad$9,000

Parked briefly on the street. Normally underground.

169,900 kms. A fat folder of receipts (mostly oil-changes). Cad$9,000 or trade plus cash (see below)
[[i]NOTE: There are 6 Avant Quattros 2006-2008 for sale from $10k to $17k on Vancouver's CL, and 2 have higher mileage.]
Copy of Craigslist ad (below) because copy & paste is easy:

What will be your favourite feature?
* The automatic wipers, freeing you up to just drive in Vancouver's wet seasons?
* The superb heated leather seats, with 10-way power adjustments (including power lumbar support) with 4 memory settings on driver's seat. (4 seats are heated, with individual infinite adjustments)
* The speed-sensitive power steering, that mimics the feed-back of an E36 BMW M3 on the highway, yet gives you one-finger steering in parking lots, just like your grand-mother's '66 Chrysler.
* The "ski-bag" in the pass-through in the back seat, that lets you keep your skis securely INSIDE the car.
* The perfect balance of a 4-cylinder Audi Quattro wagon, cornering with neither the under-steer of a front-drive car, not the over-steer of a rear-drive car.
* The tilt-and-slide power sun-roof with one-touch UP and Down features
* Or the 6-disc capacity of the in-dash AM/FM/CD/Cassette stereo ?
* Mine are the audio controls on the steering wheel and the automatic headlights, and the power folding side mirrors. Oh, and the dual-zone climate control, puddle lights, switch for delayed lighting, and more.

This solid German station-wagon comes in a rare colour combo:
Exterior is NOT silver. Its Dolphin Grey.
Interior is NOT black. Its medium Grey leather and trim.
(you wouldn't paint your living room black. Why sit in a dark cave while driving?)

There are almost 20 photos here.

This car lived in Kelowna with the first owner from 2006 till 2016 when it was traded on a new one.
My business bought it to haul electrical components and circuit boards occasionally in the summer of 2016.
Before taking possession, it went to a dealer for a new timing belt and water-pump @ 117,000 kms.
Before coming home, it stopped at Diplomat Tinting in New West for the ultimate ceramic glass tint (the ceramic tint blocks the sun's heat, improving comfort and reducing sun damage to leather, etc.)
The fall of 2016 it traveled to southern California without incident.
Since then, it has gained new performance all-season tires, and had several oil-changes with top-grade synthetic oil and Audi's optional high-capacity oil filter.
And, before driving to Ontario in 2017, it received new spark-plugs and a 4-wheel alignment.
It crossed 5 provinces east-bound, and 5 states west-bound in August heat -- again without incident.
In 2018 it needed a "power window regulator" which was replaced with an Audi-sourced factory part by the expert's at Sun Creek Auto Glass in Surrey (thanks to Kelly and crew for their exceptional work).
In 2019 it received new front brakes (rotors and pads) and air-filter.

TECHNICAL
Two ton AWD with 200 HP turbo-charged 4-cylinder engine, and 6-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, with adaptive shifting, and Tiptronic manual shifting.
Quattro full-time all-wheel-drive system, with stability control (ESC) with disable switch.
Four-wheel independent suspension, four-wheel disc brakes, 17" alloy wheels on sport suspension.
Made in Germany. Replacement cost approximately CAD$55,000 plus taxes. (loaded A4 Allroad)

WEIRDNESS
The factory first-aid-kit (in the rear arm-rest) appears to have never been opened.
The factory spare tire (on a matching 5-twin-spoke alloy wheel) appears to have never been removed.

NOW IT NEEDS
Nothing but carpet shampoo?

FUTURE MAINTENANCE
It will need a new timing belt around the 235,000 km mark, which is more than 65,000 kms from now.
The timing belt kit (belt, tensioner, rollers, and new water-pump) is around $1500 installed, with taxes.
That is normally the most expensive service item on the 2.0t engine.

COMES WITH
2 sets of keys with remotes
1 valet / mechanic's key
All the original manuals: Owner's manual, Warranty book, etc.

I will miss this car, but the CRA insist that they need my money more than me, so I'm in a squeeze right now.

TRADES CONSIDERED (plus cash)
Something smaller and cheaper, such as a VW Golf or Audi A3 or Benz B200/250.
A small wagon or hatch-back is desired. Manual trans is fine.
Maybe a Fiat 500 or Smart Car.
Even a Malibu Maxx might do the trick.
Plus cash, of course.

Thanks for reading this long ad, and good-luck with your car search!
-Brian (604) 889 8324