Notices
Vehicles For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your car's model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A3 Lease Takover

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease Takover

How do I go about finding someone to take over my lease? I recently leased my A3 Quattro (in July) and we just found out that we are having a baby so we will need a larger vehicle! I'm new to these forums and do not want to use swapalease. Please advise!
Old 08-25-2018, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by bbawden

How do I go about finding someone to take over my lease? I recently leased my A3 Quattro (in July) and we just found out that we are having a baby so we will need a larger vehicle! I'm new to these forums and do not want to use swapalease. Please advise!
Congrats on the baby. Who are you leasing through? If you are leasing through Audi FS, then a lease takeover is not a good idea. Audi FS is one of the lessers that doesn't release the original lessee of liability, so you continue to be on the hook if the other person stops making payments etc. I don't think that's a financial risk you wanna take on with a new baby. You might be better of with trading it in. You can trade in a leased vehicle like any other vehicle. You'll obviously be underwater at this point, so it will be a financial hit, but at least it won't come with a future risk. Just my two cents.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the baby! Great news!

The Audi dealership I purchased my new 2016 A6 TDI from a few months ago actually purchased my leased car outright. We got the official buy-out cost and they paid it directly to Hyundai. Then, I purchased the Audi.
I know they would have done this even if I didn't purchase the Audi and a few other non-Audi dealerships had offered to do the same thing. It worked really well for me and also will release you of the taxes owed on the remaining portion of the leased car in some states (at least in NY it did and I think others work that way).

Thought I would mention this because that would be a good way for you to wipe your hands clean of the entire lease and move forward with whatever you would like to do, ya know?
Good luck to you and if you take this road and have any questions from my experience, let me know!
Old 08-31-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on new baby. It all depends on how many payments you have left. If you want to trade for something else then working with AUDI dealer is best option. I generally trade most of my cars before the lease end date, most I have done is after 29 payments, I traded my 2015 A6 for 2017 A6.

Other option which is not that easy is to sell on your own, check your payoff amount by calling AFS so you can price it right or see how much loss you will take if you sell on own. Good luck.