Want To Buy - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) Looking for a particular part or car? This is the place to request it. Please include the appropriate prefix when posting your request.

03 Audi A4 - Should I purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Audi A4 - Should I purchase?

Hello,

I am new to these forums, and I am new to Audi cars altogether. I am in a crunch for time to purchase a new car (less than a 1 week) and have 4 grand to spend. Even though I have not landed a great job since graduating school, I enjoy nice 'looking' cars. For the amount, it's in my range. However, this was firs time going to 'used car' lot and just being told I can take out the car. I have attached pictures of the vehicle at this link:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

I test drove the car today for about 30 minutes. LOVED IT. It has 85k miles and obviously is a 'used car' and I would invest alot of time really detailing and cleaning the car as it does not detailing inside.

I will be running a CarFax report today/tomorrow, but I am also new to this processs and see other sites that will run the VIN for less money. However, I am confident I will just purchase CarFax (70$ for unlimited checks) as this is very important and I want to verify the history.

Although everything seems to be running good with the car, I am WORRIED that I will drive it off the lot and then have some major mechanical crisis and/or other issues that require $$$ that I would not have in the near future after the purchase to be investing into this vehicle.

It was raining yesterday and I will be going to test again today/tomorrow and take it for far drive (highway as well). I may even ask to take it for the afternoon honestly as the place I went (honestly seemed shady in a way as I went to a different part of the state just North which is overall much lower rent district etc).

Any input is appreciated. Of the few cars I have tested already in the last few days, this one is my favorite. I am worried, however, due to 'No Warranty' basically once I make the purchase.

Thank you and if I purchase I will definitely be on these forums to do research/ask more questions/advice.

Andrew in SW Florida