Best option for achieving all-silver finish on OEM bi-color wheels? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Wheels & Tires Discussion
Reload this Page > Best option for achieving all-silver finish on OEM bi-color wheels?
Notices
Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best option for achieving all-silver finish on OEM bi-color wheels?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Best option for achieving all-silver finish on OEM bi-color wheels?

This is a question for future. I've noticed that majority of new OEM wheels come with some sort of gray or black painted parts. I may be in the minority in preferring classic silver wheels. What's the best and most cost effective way of getting an all-silver finish on a stock wheel? To give you an example, I really like the design of the optional V-spoke 19" wheels on the B9 2018 S4, except that the inside of the spokes are painted a medium gray color. I would be happy if I could get the painted areas done in a silver color. Can that be done or would I have to do the entire wheel by a powder coating process? How much would something like this run? If it's something like $200-300 per wheel. I would be better off swapping the stock wheels for some aftermarket silver wheels, but if it's $100 per wheel, then it's worth doing to keep the stock look.

Search this Thread