My wheel nightmare... - AudiWorld Forums

Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wheel nightmare...

Old 01-20-2019, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default My wheel nightmare...

OK got a set of winter wheels. One complaint that I have is that the TTS Audi Black Optics package comes with 20" wheels which offer almost no options for all weather tires. So my dastardly plan was to get a set of wheels and tires that would be on my car for 4 months. I live in the SE USA and just dont see a need for anything more than all weather.

After a week of having the wheels, I got into my car after getting out of a café and after a few blocks noticed a wobble. I look at the tire, it looked fine, then I look closer and notice 4 of the 5 lugs are out. I walked back to where my car had been parked and find 4 lug nuts there. After putting them on, I left it at Audi to have them balance and check for damage.

A few days after getting my car back, I'm driving on a left lane of a thoroughfare doing 25 and I hear a loud bang and my car pulls violently to the left. I counter steer but end up grazing a parked car and narrowly miss the next one. I get out of my car and check where I heard the loud bang. This is what I saw...

I reached out to the reseller. They want photos and possibly the wheel to determine if there was a defect in the wheel. They will reach out to the manufacturer. Has this happened to any of you?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dear god. Is there any other damage to your car?

I haven't had it happen, but I've always steered far clear from aftermarket wheels until recently. What can you tell us about the brand and why you chose them?
Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Holy smoke. Also interested to learn the identity of the seller and manufacturer