Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Ordered Mich. X-Ice XI2's from T.R. for wifey's Mini CS. I'll report in a couple months on Yay/Nay.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I don't track my mileage....

In the summer, I'm WOT a lot.

In the winter, I'm sideways and into boost a lot.

I don't think I want to know my mileage ;-)
Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE: LOVE them. Ice traction is 150%. Deep snow not too bad and slush/wet is very good.

They are without a doubt better on ice than a studded tire in overall feel and control.

Deep snow compared to the aggressive "winterforce" studded we used last two years they are "good". They work very very well - but the winterforce did chew through the snow a little better. These run up on top more, but do grip very well.

Slush and wet roads they grip very very well. Better than I expected. No issues at all. Overall in slush/wet/snow covered roads they feel MUCH more solid and safe than any other snow tire i have used.

Dry roads they are quiet, smooth ad handle very well for a snow tire. Almost as quiet/smooth and grippy as a somewhat cheap all season. they are wearing well too.

The little less traction in deep snow is worth the trade off to us. They have been a great tire.