Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Ronal winter (semi long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-1998, 05:59 AM
dac

Default Ronal winter (semi long)

I received my Ronal R34/Perelli Assyemtrico set on Thursday last week as predicted by Gary. Found them to be in perfect shape after unwrapping the good packing. With regards to a revious thread about balancing and weight placement, all weights were on the inside of the rim. Unlike my OEM 7spoke sport wheels which have them on the outside. When looking at the R34s online I really didn't like them all that much but I figured they were reasonably priced and and functional for winter snow driving. I think the fact they were modeled on a minivan may have skewed my perception. Having put them on my car, they look great. I think I may even like them better than the 7 spoke sport wheels. Very aggresive. I will post pics later perhaps. All in all I am very pleased with Ronal's service and I like the wheels too so I figured as a thanks I should post some positive feedback.
Old 11-23-1998, 10:00 AM
CLL

Default Re: Ronal winter (semi long)

Ditto for the R-23, 15-inch, Winter Ice package.
Old 11-23-1998, 10:57 AM
dac

Default pix as promised

how do you submit multiple pics on one post.
Old 11-23-1998, 10:58 AM
dac

Default pix as promised

another
Old 11-23-1998, 01:35 PM
Koushik

How much did you pay for the winter wheel/tire set
Old 11-23-1998, 04:35 PM
AndyN

Default Can you post a pix of your A4 R-23 15"??

(nt)
Old 11-24-1998, 03:33 AM
dac

Default Re: How much did you pay for the winter wheel/tire set

$975 including mounting, balancing, and shipping. I know I could have paid a lot less at tire rack or the like and get snows mounted on steel rims with hub caps. My R34s are definitely better looking. Easier to clean and hopefully will last me longer. Not to mention the service Gary provides this website with his information deserves some thanks and this is my way of thanking. Do I feel like I paid too much? Contrary to what my defense of my expense may come accross as, no, I don't feel I paid to much. I paid a sum of money for a service and a product, both of which I am very happy with. Now if I could just get rid of all that brake dust.
Old 11-24-1998, 06:20 AM
Sue S

Default I also am very happy with the looks of the R-34

I ordered the R-34 with the Pirell winter 210's. I was initially worried about how they would look but now that they're on my A4, I like the look of the R-34's even better than the 7 spokes! Also everything arrived right when Gary said it would and the wheels were all balanced and ready to be put on the car- no worrying about offset, tracking etc.<p>Sue S<br>98A4QMS
Old 11-24-1998, 08:50 AM
CLL

Default Re: Can you post a pix of your A4 R-23 15

Sorry, I wish I could. In any event, they are considerably more striking than they appear on the Ronal page. Sparkle finish matches up well w/ aluminum silver car color (and probably would set off any other color well). Kind of a nice off-season complement to the seven-spokers (which I like, as well). If I can get my hands on appropriate equipment I will post a photo.<br>