Tires for A3Q: DWS 06, A/S3+ V, or A/S3+ Y? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Technical Discussion > Wheels & Tires Discussion
Reload this Page > Tires for A3Q: DWS 06, A/S3+ V, or A/S3+ Y?
Notices
Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires for A3Q: DWS 06, A/S3+ V, or A/S3+ Y?

Old 01-12-2017, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Tires for A3Q: DWS 06, A/S3+ V, or A/S3+ Y?

I'm soon purchasing new tires for a 2013 A3 Quattro, and I am primarily considering the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 and the Michelin Sport A/S 3+. Hopefully someone here will be kind enough to try and answer a few of questions:

1. I am leaning toward the A/S3+ primarily because reviews indicate that its performance might be a bit more to my liking (I don't mind a stiff feel provided that commensurate responsiveness comes with it.) I am somewhat concerned, though, about treadwear and road noise. Are these two tires comparable with regard to these two factors, or does one stand well above the other in either or both?

2. Assuming I get the A/S 3+, it looks as if the Michelin is offered (for my car) with both a V and a Y sped rating, with Tire Rack considering the Y rated tire designated (on tirerack.com) as an Ultra High Performance Tire, and the V a High Performance Tire. Are these basically the same tires? If not, what is the difference, other than the rating? And which one should I get? The Y is about 7 bucks cheaper. Is their any reason I should prefer it to the V?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:39 AM

Search this Thread