Wheels & Tires Discussion Discussion forum for all questions and topics regarding wheels and tires

Wheel spacer - what is the smallest one that will still give me hub centricity?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2001, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheel spacer - what is the smallest one that will still give me hub centricity?
Old 11-03-2001, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This thread from some time back might help....

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/wheel/msgs/41217.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/wheel/msgs/41217.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 11-05-2001, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not an answer, but maybe a datapoint helps..

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure that I understand your question -- it seems like it ought to be "what is the largest one that will still give hub centricity?" Anyway, I'm running 5mm H&R spacers front and back during the winter, and they are hub-centric. I believe that all the H&R spacers are hub-centric, but they accomplish it in 2 different ways.

The thinner ones, and the 5mm is in this category, just have a 57.1mm center cut-out that the hub pokes through. My A4 has plenty of hub, so it still makes good contact with the wheel itself.

The thicker spacers have what amounts to an extension of this inner part of the hub, so the wheel makes contact only with the spacer, and not with the hub itself. The whole setup is still hub-centric though.

I don't know where the thickness cut-off is between these 2 styles. Depends on application maybe? I didn't like the idea of using the thicker style spacer (just another piece of machining tolerances to rely on,) but 5mm works great with my winter wheels, so not an issue for me.

I guess this was a long-winded way of saying you can probably get a conclusive answer from either Roland at H&R, or Eddie who sells them :-)

Hope this helps a little.