|Tech Article Title
|Painted Bumper Reflectors Mod (No Bumper Removal Required)...
Well this is the project I was not able to do when I pulled my bumper last installing my Snub & other goodies.
That truly is the way to go...
But now, knowing what effort is involved to pull the bumper, I've opted to do the following:
1. From the Audi Parts Counter.
Front Left & Right Bumper Reflectors (backing plate came w/reflectors)
Reflectors w/o Backing Plate
2. Tape back portion & get ready for paint (amber reflector only)
Sorry No Pic.
3. Time to Paint.
Audi OEM Dolphin Grey & Clear Coat
4. Primed, 3 Coats Dolphin Grey & 3 Coats of Clear Coat
Ready for Installation :)
5. Before Pic
6. Drill 1/8" Pilot hole at overall center of reflector
7. Drill 5/8" hole w/spade bit
8. Remove reflector w/small needle nose pliers
BE CAREFUL NOT TO BRAKE BACKING PLATE
Here is a reference pic for what to look for.
Tip: Also use some wire cutters to cut reflector in half while lifting reflector out.
9. Remove amber reflector
10. Just snap in and DONE :)
Hope this "How To" helps out some of my B7 comrades...