AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   12v V6 Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/12v-v6-discussion-52/)
-   -   Goodbye A4... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/12v-v6-discussion-52/goodbye-a4-2590724/)

tganci 03-23-2005 06:52 AM

Goodbye A4...

last sunday I was rearended on the FDR by an H2, and all I can say is, WOW, those things can do some damage to an A4. No one was hurt except for my poor old A4 and some things I had in my trunk. Damage was bad enough to crush the trunk into the backseat. I'm surprised I didn't feel more. The guy driving the H2 was not paying attention at all, did not see traffic completely stopped in front of him, and hit me at about 40 - 50 mph. I am really upset because I am moving to San Diego and was really loooking forward to driving it across country. His insurance co. has offered me 3200, and I will happily take it, although it does not pay for all the sweat and busted knucles I have put into it to keep it going to 202K moles.

I just picked up a 95 90 this morning. So I will be driving that across country. Its just not the same though.

A few friends took the couple things off the car that could be salvaged, but I still have a set of AAH heads + cams that I picked up from rtking a few months ago for $500 and never got around to installing. I won't put them in the 90 because I am going to leave it completely stock, and wait until I get to california to look for another A4. Highest offer takes them, there are some pics in my pic poster, and I will take some more if anyone wants. Email me with any questions, thanks guys.

Mr.D-'97 A4q 12v 03-23-2005 06:56 AM

WOW, glad you were not hurt! Good to see you in another Audi 12v. ;-)

I am interested in the heads, provided they have not been previously machined.

tganci 03-23-2005 07:44 AM

Thanks, I am surprised I am not hurt. As for the heads, they look milled and some

port polishing work has been done ;)

Mr.D-'97 A4q 12v 03-23-2005 08:23 AM

So...they were recently resurfaced and not installed on the car?

Ghostfire 03-23-2005 08:34 AM

FDR in Phil, PA + H2 was it BAM lol.

He skates at FDR park alot under the brige.

Jretal 03-23-2005 09:32 AM

damn man... glad you're ok...

I woulda thought you could get more $$ for the car though... $3200 seems like a helluva low ball honestly.

If you wanna swap steering wheels lemme know ;) Noticed you had a sport steering wheel in your pic poster =P

Good luck with the new car! Did you get the sport 90, or is just the regular?

nothing 03-23-2005 09:35 AM

Never take the insurance company's first offer.

I recently had my B4 totalled. The first offer was a joke, I told them as much, and their second offer was nearly double, no other negotiation needed. The first offer on my 1993 with 208,000 miles was about the same as what you say you accepted - you can do way better than that with an A4. If they use a CCC Valuescope to come to a value, get a copy of that and look through it, they are usually full of BS.

Glad to hear you are OK.

moribundman 03-23-2005 09:43 AM

You are one lucky unlucky guy!

Looking forward to shelling out $3 per gallon in SD this summer? SD is nice and warm. Get a bike. ;-)

moribundman 03-23-2005 09:55 AM

Not to be a complete vulture, but did the Hummer...

suffer at least a scratch?

tganci 03-23-2005 10:18 AM

Have a Mt. Tam & I don't pay for gas, work does!