AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-allroad-b9-platform-discussion-216/)
-   -   Minor issues (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-allroad-b9-platform-discussion-216/minor-issues-2929846/)

Allroading17 08-07-2017 02:13 PM

Minor issues

As I'm aproaching 1500 miles on my AR, I started to notice a few minor problems and was curious if anyone else had them or fixes for them

1. The drivers side door panel makes like a clicking sound over rough pavement, especially washboard types. Right near the the middle of the door panel.

2. I came out to the vehicle in the rain with the trunk wide open, and it was not locked.

3. The initial travel of the brake pedal has a weird feeling to it, and it feels like debris or something is lodged in the pedals travel. Almost like resistance not suppose to be there at the initial travel. Like a click, only in the beginning.

I also am planning to get an alignment done to ensure the car is aligned.

Again if anyone has had these issues, I would like to know the outcomes. I plan on making a trip to the dealer soon.

insanefreak 08-07-2017 04:51 PM

I haven’t had any issues like this, or at all other than a clunking noise at about 20mph each time I start driving after an engine start, which may be a feature of the car and ntof a bug.

bob m 08-07-2017 05:40 PM

None of these issues except the trunk opening unexpectedly. The culprit? A way too sensitive keypad button. Others have had the same issues with their A4 A4/Allroads. I changed the settings in the MMI and have not had this issue again.

Noggybowl 08-08-2017 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Allroading17 (Post 25018466)
As I'm aproaching 1500 miles on my AR, I started to notice a few minor problems and was curious if anyone else had them or fixes for them

1. The drivers side door panel makes like a clicking sound over rough pavement, especially washboard types. Right near the the middle of the door panel.

2. I came out to the vehicle in the rain with the trunk wide open, and it was not locked.

3. The initial travel of the brake pedal has a weird feeling to it, and it feels like debris or something is lodged in the pedals travel. Almost like resistance not suppose to be there at the initial travel. Like a click, only in the beginning.

I also am planning to get an alignment done to ensure the car is aligned.

Again if anyone has had these issues, I would like to know the outcomes. I plan on making a trip to the dealer soon.

The door panel could be something simple. Your warranty covers rattles, just take in in and mention it.

Do you have a reason to believe your car is misaligned?

Usually the factory alignment is about as good as it gets. Independent repair shops don't have the tools to really do it properly most of the time. Not to mention if you change too much, you really technically need to calibrate your cameras, adaptive cruise radars, etc....

Dan in St. Louis 08-08-2017 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by insanefreak (Post 25018558)
clunking noise at about 20mph each time I start driving after an engine start

This noise has been discussed many, many times in the A4/B9 forum. The most likely answer comes from an owner who used to design some of Audi's high-tech features:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24929849

Fdvigna 08-08-2017 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis (Post 25018912)
This noise has been discussed many, many times in the A4/B9 forum. The most likely answer comes from an owner who used to design some of Audi's high-tech features:

I'm about to cross the 10K barrier (9.960 today) and the car is terrific. No issues whatsoever to complaint. If anything the car feels better...more sturdy/firm, getting better with time... "knock, knock, knock" ... let's hope I did not jinx it now :D

Allroading17 08-08-2017 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis

Yes and that's not one of my issues, different then the door noise. :)

Shawn St. Denis 08-08-2017 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by insanefreak (Post 25018558)
I haven’t had any issues like this, or at all other than a clunking noise at about 20mph each time I start driving after an engine start, which may be a feature of the car and ntof a bug.

Mine does this too - sounds like it comes from the brake pedal area I assumed it was some sort of normal feature. its only the first time you reach that speed after starting cold as you say.

Dan in St. Louis 08-08-2017 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Allroading17 (Post 25018960)
Yes and that's not one of my issues, different then the door noise. :)

And my answer was in the context that I quoted just above it, from a different post:):)

blorzoga 08-10-2017 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by bob m (Post 25018579)
None of these issues except the trunk opening unexpectedly. The culprit? A way too sensitive keypad button. Others have had the same issues with their A4 A4/Allroads. I changed the settings in the MMI and have not had this issue again.

Hey Bob, what settings did you change in the MMI? One thing I discovered is to not have the key in my pocket when washing the car because the water locks and unlocks the doors constantly. The buttons are very sensitive. One time I stopped at a drugstore and ran in to get something with my thirteen year old daughter in the backseat only to come out a few minutes later with the alarm going off and her trying to climb into the front seat to get out. There was no way for her to open her door. I must have tripped the panic button in the store. She was not happy. She thought the car was going to blow up (she's a little dramatic).