AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/)
-   -   I don't believe I'm actually considering this... getting a job as an Audi salesman... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/i-dont-believe-im-actually-considering-getting-job-audi-salesman-120441/)

siberian 11-14-2001 01:14 PM

I don't believe I'm actually considering this... getting a job as an Audi salesman...

I've been unemployed for about 8 weeks now and I am considering getting out of my previous industry altogether (electronic component sales). I have an engineering degree but I'd like to stay in sales. There's an Audi dealer right across the street from where I live and I talked to the sales manager today... he said to call him after Thanksgiving and we'll talk more.

I dunno... I'm just toying with the idea. Can one make a decent living in car sales? I like the idea of being around cars... especially Audi's. I like the commute... about 200 yards from my door step. And I like not having to cold call anymore. I HATE cold calling. The downside I guess is the hours. I don't want to work retail hours if I can avoid it. However at least I'd have Sundays guaranteed off.

Well, If I did take the job, maybe I can get a special discount on my next car!!

MikekiM@PureMS 11-14-2001 01:15 PM

Hey, we'd at least have a knowledgeable saleperson to go to now!

Kinetic0510 11-14-2001 01:18 PM

Gawd isn't that the TRUTH...The guy that tried to sell me an S4 owned a Vette.

Needless to say he knew absolutely NOTHING about Audi's or german cars in general. 50% of of refusal to upgrade was because I could never buy a car from a guy that owns a Vette, 50% was they didn't get the damn price down low enough. I'm kinda glad that I didn't upgrade cause I've been out of work for two months now.

FourRings 11-14-2001 01:25 PM

I was talking to one of our Loan Officers today....

He used to be a car salesman....did pretty well at it for a couple years before he was promoted to finance manager. Made some REALLY good money. He said you just need to know how to sell, but you definitely need to know your product and work hard at finding (and keeping) customers. Keep us posted as I'm sure a lot of us have wondered what it would be like (including me).

A10 11-14-2001 01:28 PM

Heard from my sales guy ...

All Audi sales went to a week long training some where in Texas, including some track time. Anyone else heard that?

SKareKrow 11-14-2001 01:30 PM

Tell me where you live so I can get an A4 for invoice. :-)

markbradford 11-14-2001 01:31 PM

That's great Mike!!!!!!!

I've considerd it too! I figure sales is a lot more fun when you're actually really into the product you're selling.

We'd all love to have you as a salesman Mike! ;-)

siberian 11-14-2001 01:37 PM

Chicago area. But first I'm gonna sell myself one for BELOW invoice! he he!

2R8Sand1RS4 11-14-2001 01:38 PM

i know more about audi's than most ppl at the dealer i went to

siberian 11-14-2001 01:38 PM

Knowledgeable... ha ha... I'm a dumbass. But at least I can say I like the cars I sell. ; )