AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/)
-   -   I don't believe I'm actually considering this... getting a job as an Audi salesman... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/i-dont-believe-im-actually-considering-getting-job-audi-salesman-120441/)

siberian 11-14-2001 01:41 PM

Although......

I am sorta getting used to being a no workin', unemployment collectin', late sleepin', couch potatoin', jerry springer watchin', white trash scumbag!

I wouldn't mind doing this for a few more months... but I got toys to buy and I needs cash!

I'm lookin' to buy a Harley next summer.

Kinetic0510 11-14-2001 01:42 PM

LoL!, did U read that post the other night about the stupid Acura sales people that...

Tried to tell an Audi owner to have his car checked for recalls cause the cars FLIP OVER all the time, and how this individual corrected him and told him the only recall he knew about was the lower control arms and that's been fixed. He also educated the sales person that only the TT had a problem with the back end getting frisky but the added spoiler lip ended up fixing the problem. The salesperson remained speechless after that. LOL

SKareKrow 11-14-2001 01:42 PM

Great, only a three hour drive for me. I'm serious so let me know and I'll buy one your first day.

2R8Sand1RS4 11-14-2001 01:45 PM

haha!

markbradford 11-14-2001 01:50 PM

LOL!

DustysA4 11-14-2001 01:51 PM

I don't know how Audi works but....

I have a friend that used to be in Toyota sales...he told me that the way comissions works is that you get 25% of the amount over what dealer costs is...and dealer costs is not equal to listed "dealer invoice." So depending on that number and how good you are at sales....you could have a good amount of cash flow. That doesn't mean that Audi works the same way though.

siberian 11-14-2001 01:53 PM

yea... I've heard stuff like that too...

seems different dealers have different ways of doing it. Some give a set commish rate no matter what you sell the car for, some give a percentage of the total sale, regardless of the mark-up.

siberian 11-14-2001 01:54 PM

cool. I'll look like a hero and get promoted after one hour on the job! he he.,

siberian 11-14-2001 01:55 PM

I swear some, or should I say... most, car salesmen are f*cking retarded.

Bill S 11-14-2001 02:02 PM

An Audi salesperson recently told me...

on a test drive that it's a tough way to make a living. Said he gets 1/3 of gross profit on the car. So if a customer gets, say, $1,500 over invoice that's maybe $500 per car. Most deals would, I imagine, be more than that, particularly on higher-priced models. With the down economy I wonder how many cars you could sell in a month. The guy also said it was tough dealing with customers, who often expect too many concessions from the dealer an don't necessarily show a lot of respect. Maybe this guy was trying to make me feel sorry for him, thought I'd pass it on anyway.