AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   Driver seat easy entry Question (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/driver-seat-easy-entry-question-2952875/)

speedyp 07-06-2018 07:27 AM

Driver seat easy entry Question

Hi guys,

car: 2017 b9 a4 s-line

I see in the MMI menu the easy entry driver seat option. I believe the seat is suppose to go back all the way to make it easier to get in and out. In my case the option does not seem to do anything. Can anyone provide any feedback how this option is working for them?

Thanks.

Timfoilhat 07-06-2018 09:13 AM

I was under the impression that "the lawyers" or "the litigious" killed this feature in US market Audis. Someone might get crushed if behind the driver's seat when the driver's key is present and the door opens.
Never caused a problem in my previous Acura or Benz with this feature....the whiny ones ruin it for everybody here.

gguy 07-06-2018 10:40 AM

Again, it works for me in the US but it does very, very little. It might move the seat back a couple inches (at the most) and if you drive with seat anywhere close to maximum extension rear, it won’t do anything. Like I said it worked but I turned it off because it did so little.

PPOPHIL 07-07-2018 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by speedyp (Post 25175931)
Hi guys,

car: 2017 b9 a4 s-line

I see in the MMI menu the easy entry driver seat option. I believe the seat is suppose to go back all the way to make it easier to get in and out. In my case the option does not seem to do anything. Can anyone provide any feedback how this option is working for them?

Thanks.

I enabled it on the app with OBD11. Yes it works but just a few inches. Better than nothing .My TLX moves way more. Like I said it may be just a few inches but it's better than nothing it helps

cuke2u 07-07-2018 07:00 AM

Never seen this as a option in the UK, can't really see the use, it's a four door...

VM 07-07-2018 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by cuke2u (Post 25176320)
Never seen this as a option in the UK, can't really see the use, it's a four door...

It's an option that makes a lot of sense if you have a power-adjustable steering wheel, then the system can also lift the steering wheel out of your way. The North American-spec B9, at least, does not have a power steering column. I don't know if B9s anywhere else do?

exmeaguy 07-07-2018 10:45 AM

I don't recall seeing this option in MMI. I did enable it in OBD11 and the seat has never moved.

securityguy 07-07-2018 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by exmeaguy (Post 25176405)
I don't recall seeing this option in MMI. I did enable it in OBD11 and the seat has never moved.

Interesting...I enabled it too. Shows up in the MMI but does nothing. Contacted OBD11 and got a refund on my app purchase.

SNGGA 07-09-2018 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by VM (Post 25176330)
It's an option that makes a lot of sense if you have a power-adjustable steering wheel, then the system can also lift the steering wheel out of your way. The North American-spec B9, at least, does not have a power steering column. I don't know if B9s anywhere else do?

In our NX it does exactly what you said but I think no B9 has power steering wheel?
My seat position is like already at the most rear so it does nothing lol and the flat wheel kind of helps

cuke2u 07-09-2018 06:08 AM

No B9 has a power operated steering wheel as far as I have seen, and no-one has ever referred to their car having one. If it had then it would make sense I also do not think the B9 actually has easy entry as this is usually for Coupes or three doors to improve entry to the rear seats...