Driver seat easy entry Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver seat easy entry Question

Hi guys,

car: 2017 b9 a4 s-line

I see in the MMI menu the easy entry driver seat option. I believe the seat is suppose to go back all the way to make it easier to get in and out. In my case the option does not seem to do anything. Can anyone provide any feedback how this option is working for them?

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was under the impression that "the lawyers" or "the litigious" killed this feature in US market Audis. Someone might get crushed if behind the driver's seat when the driver's key is present and the door opens.
Never caused a problem in my previous Acura or Benz with this feature....the whiny ones ruin it for everybody here.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Again, it works for me in the US but it does very, very little. It might move the seat back a couple inches (at the most) and if you drive with seat anywhere close to maximum extension rear, it won’t do anything. Like I said it worked but I turned it off because it did so little.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedyp
Hi guys,

car: 2017 b9 a4 s-line

I see in the MMI menu the easy entry driver seat option. I believe the seat is suppose to go back all the way to make it easier to get in and out. In my case the option does not seem to do anything. Can anyone provide any feedback how this option is working for them?

Thanks.
I enabled it on the app with OBD11. Yes it works but just a few inches. Better than nothing .My TLX moves way more. Like I said it may be just a few inches but it's better than nothing it helps
Old 07-07-2018, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Never seen this as a option in the UK, can't really see the use, it's a four door...
Old 07-07-2018, 07:18 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by cuke2u
Never seen this as a option in the UK, can't really see the use, it's a four door...
It's an option that makes a lot of sense if you have a power-adjustable steering wheel, then the system can also lift the steering wheel out of your way. The North American-spec B9, at least, does not have a power steering column. I don't know if B9s anywhere else do?
Old 07-07-2018, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't recall seeing this option in MMI. I did enable it in OBD11 and the seat has never moved.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by exmeaguy
I don't recall seeing this option in MMI. I did enable it in OBD11 and the seat has never moved.
Interesting...I enabled it too. Shows up in the MMI but does nothing. Contacted OBD11 and got a refund on my app purchase.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
It's an option that makes a lot of sense if you have a power-adjustable steering wheel, then the system can also lift the steering wheel out of your way. The North American-spec B9, at least, does not have a power steering column. I don't know if B9s anywhere else do?
In our NX it does exactly what you said but I think no B9 has power steering wheel?
My seat position is like already at the most rear so it does nothing lol and the flat wheel kind of helps
Old 07-09-2018, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No B9 has a power operated steering wheel as far as I have seen, and no-one has ever referred to their car having one. If it had then it would make sense I also do not think the B9 actually has easy entry as this is usually for Coupes or three doors to improve entry to the rear seats...

Quick Reply: Driver seat easy entry Question