AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/)
-   -   Tutorial: Successful Virtual Cockpit update (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b9-platform-discussion-212/tutorial-successful-virtual-cockpit-update-3005109/)

bruce_miranda 09-22-2020 10:51 PM

So does MMI updates also get done via the Red Menu?
So potentially if we get hold on the SD card image we could update our MMI ourself?

rames 09-23-2020 12:59 AM

I have Virtual Cockpit hardware version H15 0309, so I am afraid to make mistake :)

blue_pond 09-23-2020 01:22 AM

bruce_miranda, yes, MMI updates are performed in exactly the same way.

I've actually updated my VC from 0299 to 0379 a few months ago.
Can confirm that this update is compatible with H15 hardware.
Can also confirm that green engineering menu is not needed.

Also OBDEleven is not needed for the actual update. What it is needed for is to fix an error that appears after the update.
I'm not sure if the error also appears when updating VC, but it certainly appears for MMI update.

So for anyone who updated their VC — scan for errors in control unit 5F. If you have an error about Software Version Management, it's an easy fix.

Go to 5F -> Adaptation -> Confirmation of installation change -> take the old value, XOR it with 0xC9D2 (51666 in decimal) using Windows calculator and enter back the new value. It should be accepted and the error should be gone

aberbic, where did you get the update? maybe you have access to MMI updates as well?

bruce_miranda 09-23-2020 03:57 AM

According to that spreadsheet I am on the latest MMI update. Does anyone know what has changed between versions on the VC update?

blue_pond 09-23-2020 06:02 AM

My MMI version is 1439 and I don't see it anywhere in that spreadsheet.

aberbic 09-24-2020 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by blue_pond (Post 25501267)
bruce_miranda, yes, MMI updates are performed in exactly the same way.

I've actually updated my VC from 0299 to 0379 a few months ago.
Can confirm that this update is compatible with H15 hardware.
Can also confirm that green engineering menu is not needed.

Also OBDEleven is not needed for the actual update. What it is needed for is to fix an error that appears after the update.
I'm not sure if the error also appears when updating VC, but it certainly appears for MMI update.

So for anyone who updated their VC — scan for errors in control unit 5F. If you have an error about Software Version Management, it's an easy fix.

Go to 5F -> Adaptation -> Confirmation of installation change -> take the old value, XOR it with 0xC9D2 (51666 in decimal) using Windows calculator and enter back the new value. It should be accepted and the error should be gone

aberbic, where did you get the update? maybe you have access to MMI updates as well?

I found the update on turbo-quattro forum. The guys there have access to all the updates you need. Just request and someone will typically deliver within hours

Tim DeRosa 09-27-2020 06:30 PM

Could someone send/post the two extracted files for those of us on a Mac? Thanks!

Paul+ 09-30-2020 06:02 AM

I can confirm version 379 also works for H12 hardware. I have a very early build and was a bit worried, but works great!

Here’s a long shot: Any one have a newish FW update, since these apparently can also be installed in the engineering menu? I’ve also read people asking for passwords on other forums, is that needed to install a FW update should we get our hands on one?

bruce_miranda 09-30-2020 06:25 AM

Did you mean the MMI fw? I have 1316 which fixed the issue with the Top View camera in the US. But my own car didn't get that version when it was updated in the UK.

Paul+ 09-30-2020 06:33 AM

Yes I did mean the MMI firmware. I’m not so comfortably sitting on a NAR version 0377, lol!