AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Havanna Black vs. Moonlight Blue Metallic (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/havanna-black-vs-moonlight-blue-metallic-2827105/)

yustas 05-20-2012 10:03 AM

Havanna Black vs. Moonlight Blue Metallic

Hello,

I am ready to order 2013 A6, but cannot decide on the color. I was set on going with Moonlight Blue, assuming that it looks like Night Blue on A8, but when I saw Moonlight Blue in person, I could not even tell what color it is. The Night Blue on A8 has that deep blue tone to it, it is a very dark color, but during the day one can clearly see that it is a blue color. I really like it and would not think twice about ordering the car in that color.

The Moonlight Blue on A6, on the other hand, is confusing. The car looks dark, but even up close it is hard to say what color it is. From certain angles in bright sun, you can see some blue hue in it, but from 6 feet away, even in bright sun, the color looks, well, indecisive, if you will. It is not black or gray, it is somewhere in between. I do not know, it is just does not seem to have a character.

The Havanna Black seems unique. You can see that it is a brown color, but very dark, deep brown. It looks nice in the sun. It is a decisive color, but while I like the color in theory, I do not know if I like it enouph to actually buy a car in that color.

The choice between these two colors is pushing me to just order a car in black, but while the black is a timeless classic, it is everywhere. Anywhere you look, you see either a black, silver or a gray car.

As for an interior, I like Velvet Beige with Ash Natural Brown inlays.

I know I am overanalyzing this, but I am just having a hard time deciding between Havanna Black and Moonlight Blue. I want to like the Moonlight Blue, because I really like dark blues, I just wish the Moonlight Blue would have had more blue to it.

Help me out guys!

Thanks.

psychodo 05-20-2012 11:16 AM

I also struggled with colors last fall.
Only reason I didn't go with Havana (over phantom) was how brown it looks in certain lights..and I didn't want a brown car. That being said I know a few owners here love the multi dimension aspect of Havana vs traditional black. Oolong grey is really nice as well. If I had to do it over it would be garnet red (stunning color and rare) but it really comes down to personal preference.

It doesn't sound like Moonlight is the way to go for you though if you had that reaction in person. I'd hate to spend 50-60K on a color that I was "eh" about.

yustas 05-20-2012 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by psychodo (Post 24302039)
Only reason I didn't go with Havana (over phantom) was how brown it looks in certain lights..and I didn't want a brown car.

Very well said. I like the color, but I do not want to drive a brown car. It is weird, if you like the color, what is the problem, right? It is just one of those things, you like something for what it is, but you do not want to actually have it yourself.

It doesn't sound like Moonlight is the way to go for you though if you had that reaction in person. I'd hate to spend 50-60K on a color that I was "eh" about.
Exactly. And that is my problem. I am afraid all colors for A6 make me go "meh."

Which color is new for 2013, by the way?

FuchsB 05-20-2012 11:47 AM

Tough Choice...I really like both colors...

organizedchaos 05-20-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by psychodo (Post 24302039)
Only reason I didn't go with Havana (over phantom) was how brown it looks in certain lights..and I didn't want a brown car.

The beauty of Havana is that it's actually a black car. Only in the very bright sun, could you consider it as somewhat brown. It's more like a hue/hint of brown. It's like having a brown car, without having a brown car. It's definitely different... I love the color brown so it was a no brainer for me. Do over? Probably Ooooooohlong gray....

yustas 05-20-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by organizedchaos (Post 24302062)
I love the color brown so it was a no brainer for me. Do over? Probably Ooooooohlong gray....

Just curios. If you love the color, why Oolong Gray?

tenspeed 05-20-2012 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by yustas (Post 24302027)
I am ready to order 2013 A6, but cannot decide on the color. I was set on going with Moonlight Blue, assuming that it looks like Night Blue on A8... The Night Blue on A8 has that deep blue tone to it, it is a very dark color, but during the day one can clearly see that it is a blue color. I really like it and would not think twice about ordering the car in that color.

You can have the A6 painted Moonlight blue or Estoril blue crystal effect. I will cost you but it can be done.

yustas 05-20-2012 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by tenspeed (Post 24302141)
You can have the A6 painted Moonlight blue or Estoril blue crystal effect. I will cost you but it can be done.

Painted by Audi?

NCAudiFan 05-21-2012 04:38 AM

My wife had picked the Moonlight Blue as her color of choice off the A6 app on my iPad. We both had Phantom Black so she wanted to move away from that but when we saw a Moonlight Blue on the lot, it was a "confusing" color. Hard to tell if it was black or navy. The Hanava Black was just too brown for her so she decided to go with the Aviator Blue. Color is such a personal choice you have to select the color that speaks to you personally. Who really cares what other people think? Every morining when I open the door to my garage and see my Phantom Black S4 sitting there, it still make me smile. Thats a good color choice.

NVThs1 05-21-2012 04:39 AM

Yep. You can add it on with your order just like an option. Every color has an option code. I am doing it for my order. I am having mine painted Estoril Blue which I beleive I have only seen on the S6 as an factory choice color. The price is $2500 so it is an expensive option. Also choosing a color not in the standard offering will push your car back a couple extra weeks in production. My Chicago area sales manager contact quotes 3 weeks but said he tries to over estimate just in case.

I figure I am keeping this one for a while so I might as well love the color and I just felt the Moonlight Blue wasn't Blue enough for me.