AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   Pirelli Scorpion Verde (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/pirelli-scorpion-verde-2899612/)

snagitseven 04-27-2016 12:04 PM

You've invested in a high performance luxury sedan that you say you will drive for another 2-3 years. Why would you want to short change it's performance, safety and capabilities to save a couple of hundred dollars? Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense to me. And you did ask here in the forums.

cyberdentist 04-27-2016 04:28 PM

I guess you are right.

My front tires have 50% life and rear 20% but since one of the tires had a nail in the shaft, they are asking me to replace the tires. I guess i could just replace 2 instead of 4 since the A6 is not a quattro?

snagitseven 04-27-2016 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cyberdentist (Post 24804928)
I guess you are right.

My front tires have 50% life and rear 20% but since one of the tires had a nail in the shaft, they are asking me to replace the tires. I guess i could just replace 2 instead of 4 since the A6 is not a quattro?

It's a bad idea to mix types and brands of tires on any car, front, rear or all wheel drive. Just bite the bullet and get yourself a decent set of A/S tires. You'll thank me later when you realize how much nicer they ride and perform compared to the tires you have now.

I assume from your sig you are a dentist. If so, you wouldn't recommend your patients to go with a cheapo set of crowns to save a few bucks, right?

cyberdentist 04-27-2016 05:15 PM

I have already ordered the Conti a/s that you recommended. But then I took my car to Costco and they recommended that i could just change 2 tires and use the same brand/model tire that is on the other two - Pirelli P Zero's. I guess i will only save $400 in the end but if the life of my other two tires are good....

I guess dentistry is different ;) I wouldn't replace all crowns just cos 1 crown got messed up lol.

Anyways, am sticking by changing all 4 to Conti. I hope someone can use my PZero's somewhere ;)

I have a Q5 (2012 2.0) that needs tires replaced too: It has 25k miles and the Dunlops on them are pretty worn! What tires would you recommend for the Q5 ?

snagitseven 04-27-2016 06:25 PM

P-Zeros are the most denigrated tires on the AW forums. I sold mine 2 days after I got my car as they are useless (and can be downright dangerous) in cold winter temps or snow and ice. Used P-Zeros with 50% tread wear are worth almost nothing.

As to the Q5, I would recommend the same Conti DWS 06. Or the older DWS which are not as crisp with a softer sidewall than the new DWS 06 but are less expensive.

cyberdentist 04-28-2016 12:14 AM

Conti DWS06's are not available for Q5 - 235/60-18 unfortunately.

KevinGary 04-28-2016 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24804979)
P-Zeros are the most denigrated tires on the AW forums. I sold mine 2 days after I got my car as they are useless (and can be downright dangerous) in cold winter temps or snow and ice. Used P-Zeros with 50% tread wear are worth almost nothing.

It was a huge improvement when I replaced my P-Zeros with Michelin Pilot Super Sports after less than 5,000 miles. The P-Zeros now reside in my shed. I should just roll them down to the curb.

DB22 04-28-2016 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by cyberdentist (Post 24804949)

I have a Q5 (2012 2.0) that needs tires replaced too: It has 25k miles and the Dunlops on them are pretty worn! What tires would you recommend for the Q5 ?

In your OP you asked regarding Scorpion Verde for your A6 and the answers guided you to compatibility. Upon conclusion you mentioned the Q5 also needs tires and I endorse the Scorpion Verde for the Q5.

cyberdentist 04-28-2016 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by DB22 (Post 24805075)
In your OP you asked regarding Scorpion Verde for your A6 and the answers guided you to compatibility. Upon conclusion you mentioned the Q5 also needs tires and I endorse the Scorpion Verde for the Q5.

Perfect! Thanks.

Maverick61 04-28-2016 11:56 AM

Absolutely nothing wrong with Pirelli tires - IF you get the right one. I have had a set or two in the past that wore much too quickly. But the Pirelli Cinturato P7 + All Season is a great tire

Pirelli*Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Have it on two vehicles - it is rated top of it's class at Tirerack

As DB22 notes - the Scorpion Verde would be fine for your Q5 - not sure I would run them on an A6 though