AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/)
-   -   Lots of 2018 C7 A6's for sale (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/lots-2018-c7-a6s-sale-2963052/)

farmerjones 01-22-2019 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by SYMAWD (Post 25265147)
The resale is pretty bad like you said, but the large upfront discount makes for a good lease price which is the majority of new Audi sales.

I'm pretty surprised there are lease deals subsidized by Audi since it's an old model year. Generally in the industry, after January 1 rolls buy, old model year lease deals end, and any incentive is a cash rebate made to the buyer (or dealer) as the final discount to move the car. Usually this is because the manufacturer has little interest in leasing 2018 and 2019 cars as the same time when the residual rates should be dramatically different...hence why I assumed leasing a 2018 made for crazy-high payments that would make no sense. There must be such a glut of 2018s that Audi realizes selling them will be very hard, because who will buy them when the resale value will be so poor? I can see some killer lease deals might move them, but that means Audi is going to loose a lot of money at lease end, because the residual won't reflect the value of the car remotely. Still.....I can't image someone wanting an old design from a decade ago when the new cars is 100% redone from the wheels up. Luckily for Audi there are still some of those buyers out there I guess...

SCarGuy 01-22-2019 08:29 AM

For people who keep the cars long term, which is a substantial amount of new Audi owners, especially on the exec level cars, the up front discount will offset the long term depreciation. After ~8 ish years, the values between the 19 and similarly equipped 18 will be extremely close to one another.

Audi insures themselves against actual market residual differences.

There are always some who simply prefer the older aesthetics....or, don't love the new one enough to let the incentive pass them by. Most of mine sold thusfar (I'm down to just a handful now) were cash purchases fwiw. So far, only 1 was a lease, being delivered next week. The residual isn't strong, but, the discount is, and the money factor is extremely light, especially on the 3.0 models

19hole 01-22-2019 08:37 AM

I'm a bit torn on this one. I have been thinking about trading my 2016 S7 for a 2018 RS7 rather than waiting to see what the C8 version of the S7/RS7 really is. The incentives on the left-over RS7s are almost to good to pass up.

SCarGuy 01-22-2019 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by 19hole (Post 25265330)
I'm a bit torn on this one. I have been thinking about trading my 2016 S7 for a 2018 RS7 rather than waiting to see what the C8 version of the S7/RS7 really is. The incentives on the left-over RS7s are almost to good to pass up.

they are exceptional - there just aren't many left to pick from

S26 01-23-2019 10:35 AM

how many S7s are left in the north east?

SCarGuy 01-23-2019 10:39 AM

It's almost impossible to just look by region tbh, takes a ton of work. I can do it within a specified distance of me, or nationwide. Nationwide there are 48 S7's

As with all of these, some might already be sold, and awaiting delivery

19hole 01-24-2019 02:27 AM

I've found 6 RS7s in the Greater Boston area, the one I may pursue is in Florida.....

nonjth 01-24-2019 03:42 PM

I bought a 2018 A6 in Dec at a discount of over 21 % off sticker. That was just too good to pass up as I never would have considered the car otherwise. The 2019 are getting rather lukewarm reviews for the change from supercharged to turbocharged. Coming from a 2010 MB I have no complaints so far and I prefer the PRNDL shifter to the electronic ones and I really am not a fan of touchscreens. Different horses etc.

Bill11783 05-24-2019 02:36 PM

Hello. Brand new to the forum. 2018 deals on the A6 were ridiculous. I wasn’t in the market for a new (was going to wait a year) however getting a $56k msrp Audi for $41k is a no brainer. I leased a 2007 A4 and loved it. Told myself one day I will get an A6. That day came Jan1st.
yeah, i hear the debates of getting an old model when the new ones are out, however...$65k for a ‘19 vs. $41k? Since I plan on keeping the car for 10 years . Saved a bundle upfront , not worried about the depreciation 10 yes from now. I am very happy with my decision. Love driving the car. 2.0 is enough power for me. Next... 10yr. 100k warranty. Going to pull the trigger on that very soon.

BluewaterRocket 05-29-2019 08:45 AM

I was in the market for a 2017-2018 Certified A6 Premium Plus. Found one that met my parameters last month (April 2019); got a call from the salesman on the way to the dealership with my wife. He said "... if your wife doesn't like the color of this used one I can put you in a brand new 2018 for less than the used one" What??? I'm thinking he's got some new 2018 Premium models with the 2.0 L and no quattro. Turns out they had 20 brand new 2018 Premium Plus models priced at 28% below sticker (priced between $44k - $47k). He gave me the back story on the stop sale order for 2018 A6s and I was enlightened. None of the cars on their lots had Driver Assist with Adaptive cruise, so I passed. Got home and started searching dealers in Florida. Found a new 2018 A6 Premium Plus w/the competition package and adaptive cruise in Sepang Blue Pearl, called the dealer and negotiated a deal from $67K list to $47K in less than 10 minutes. Drove across the state the next day, spent two hours in the dealer and on my way back home shortly after noon.

Turns out the A6 only comes in this Sepang Blue Pearl w/the competition package; this color is available on the S6 and RS6.

As of yesterday there are still some great deals to be had. Looked online for a friend yesterday (May 28) and quite a bit of inventory available. He did a deal this morning, 20 minutes on the phone and he's got a new Premium Plus that he's picking up this afternoon for $45K, $18K off sticker .

First time Audi owner; love this car.