AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/)
-   -   Bang & Olufsen - How to lower tweeter lenses? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/bang-olufsen-how-lower-tweeter-lenses-2941154/)

IndyAudi 01-17-2018 07:14 PM

Bang & Olufsen - How to lower tweeter lenses?

Whenever I try to detail my A8's dashboard, my B&O tweeter "acoustic lenses" are in the raised position and I have to wipe around them. Does anyone know the trick to getting them to raise and lower on demand? Pushing down the volume knob simply mutes the stereo; the tweeters remain up.

I can't find this in the manual and I feel like it should be intuitive... but here we are. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Sci-fi_Wasabi 01-17-2018 09:42 PM

I don't recall them being up when the ignition and accessories are off on mine (2009A8L), even if the doors are open. I also don't know of a way to make them go down when the car is on, though I have accidentally pushed down on one while it was up and it goes down. It would have been nice to have the car designed so they only go up when the stereo goes on initially, to reduce wear on those little gears, esp when the car has been sitting in the cold. Anyway, I'd be interested also if you find a way to retract them when the car is on.

IndyAudi 01-18-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sci-fi_Wasabi (Post 25097872)
I don't recall them being up when the ignition and accessories are off on mine (2009A8L), even if the doors are open.

I also take it to a nearby car wash, where the guys go to town wiping down the interior after it runs through (no way to leave ignition off). I'm always a little freaked that they might damage or push down one of the tweeters. One more reason to figure this out!

90SQ 01-18-2018 03:37 PM

If i dont push the start button to have the acc's on and dont open the radio my tweeters stay closed. Are you saying they are always open even when the switch and radio are off?

SS_RTR 01-18-2018 07:05 PM

Instead of pressing the volume knob briefly to mute, keep holding it down for a few seconds. That should close the screen and drop the tweeters.

Sci-fi_Wasabi 01-19-2018 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by SS_RTR (Post 25098347)
Instead of pressing the volume knob briefly to mute, keep holding it down for a few seconds. That should close the screen and drop the tweeters.

WOW. I just tried that, and it works on mine too. I had no idea, always something new to learn. The screen and tweeters pop up again as soon as you press any mmi buttons. I did notice that when you reverse the screen comes up for the camera, but the tweeters stay down. This function must be called the ... "Avoid 1000's of dollars in repairs due to breaking 50 cent plastic gears button," (just in German)
Thanks SS_RTR

IndyAudi 01-19-2018 08:11 PM

Hey, it worked for me, too! Simple, if not intuitive. The reverse pop-up is also smart.

Thanks for increasing my enjoyment level, all! I love this forum.