Bang & Olufsen - How to lower tweeter lenses? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > Bang & Olufsen - How to lower tweeter lenses?
Notices
A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010

Bang & Olufsen - How to lower tweeter lenses?

Old 01-17-2018, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bang & Olufsen - How to lower tweeter lenses?

Whenever I try to detail my A8's dashboard, my B&O tweeter "acoustic lenses" are in the raised position and I have to wipe around them. Does anyone know the trick to getting them to raise and lower on demand? Pushing down the volume **** simply mutes the stereo; the tweeters remain up.

I can't find this in the manual and I feel like it should be intuitive... but here we are. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't recall them being up when the ignition and accessories are off on mine (2009A8L), even if the doors are open. I also don't know of a way to make them go down when the car is on, though I have accidentally pushed down on one while it was up and it goes down. It would have been nice to have the car designed so they only go up when the stereo goes on initially, to reduce wear on those little gears, esp when the car has been sitting in the cold. Anyway, I'd be interested also if you find a way to retract them when the car is on.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sci-fi_Wasabi View Post
I don't recall them being up when the ignition and accessories are off on mine (2009A8L), even if the doors are open.
I also take it to a nearby car wash, where the guys go to town wiping down the interior after it runs through (no way to leave ignition off). I'm always a little freaked that they might damage or push down one of the tweeters. One more reason to figure this out!
Old 01-18-2018, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

If i dont push the start button to have the acc's on and dont open the radio my tweeters stay closed. Are you saying they are always open even when the switch and radio are off?
Old 01-18-2018, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Instead of pressing the volume **** briefly to mute, keep holding it down for a few seconds. That should close the screen and drop the tweeters.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SS_RTR View Post
Instead of pressing the volume **** briefly to mute, keep holding it down for a few seconds. That should close the screen and drop the tweeters.
WOW. I just tried that, and it works on mine too. I had no idea, always something new to learn. The screen and tweeters pop up again as soon as you press any mmi buttons. I did notice that when you reverse the screen comes up for the camera, but the tweeters stay down. This function must be called the ... "Avoid 1000's of dollars in repairs due to breaking 50 cent plastic gears button," (just in German)
Thanks SS_RTR

Last edited by Sci-fi_Wasabi; 01-19-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey, it worked for me, too! Simple, if not intuitive. The reverse pop-up is also smart.

Thanks for increasing my enjoyment level, all! I love this forum.