AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/)
-   -   REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT NO POWER (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/rear-seat-entertainment-no-power-2888415/)

tmac2015 08-30-2015 04:46 PM

REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT NO POWER

Hello Everyone ,
I just got a 2005 a8 w12 and was checking out the RSE and realized i couldn't eject dvd sleeve in trunk (no sound nothing dead). I use remote with new batteries tried to turn on monitors nothing. Tried looking for RSE fuse but can't locate. Can someone please help with any suggestions,fuse location and wiring diagram for this RSE SYSTEM. It is the Blaupunkt DVC-03. Thanks for your help

nysid2007 01-21-2016 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by tmac2015 (Post 24719877)
Hello Everyone ,
I just got a 2005 a8 w12 and was checking out the RSE and realized i couldn't eject dvd sleeve in trunk (no sound nothing dead). I use remote with new batteries tried to turn on monitors nothing. Tried looking for RSE fuse but can't locate. Can someone please help with any suggestions,fuse location and wiring diagram for this RSE SYSTEM. It is the Blaupunkt DVC-03. Thanks for your help

Having the same issue ~ but my case trunk loaded dvd module works fine ~
I'm just not getting the power for the TVs ~
Just wondering if you were able to fix the issue ~

tmac2015 01-21-2016 06:44 AM

This is what i did and it worked for me hope it helps. (In case anyone needs to know... To fix issue I had to recode Towing control(J345) module to 0001002 in VCDS #69 Trailer module and it worked!!! Thanks to peter at ross-tech!!!)

nysid2007 01-21-2016 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by tmac2015 (Post 24767711)
This is what i did and it worked for me hope it helps. (In case anyone needs to know... To fix issue I had to recode Towing control(J345) module to 0001002 in VCDS #69 Trailer module and it worked!!! Thanks to peter at ross-tech!!!)

Thank you~ I'll give it a try~!!
in Vcds which diagnostic mode do I need to use?

ismace 01-22-2016 08:40 AM

Hi guys, need help with no power to RSE. The earlier recommendations didn't work for me as I don't have the trailer module (#69). I have checked the fuse and it was good. Let me know what i should do next. Thanks

nysid2007 01-22-2016 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by ismace (Post 24768171)
Hi guys, need help with no power to RSE. The earlier recommendations didn't work for me as I don't have the trailer module (#69). I have checked the fuse and it was good. Let me know what i should do next. Thanks

Im having the same issue ~ just wondering you said, you checked the fuse

can you tell me which fuse box and possibly fuse number as well?

Thank you

MP4.2+6.0 01-22-2016 09:59 PM

I think fuses are somewhere in the right side trunk area on a US/Continental Europe/LHD one (where the battery is) even though the drive unit is on the opposite side; I don't remember exactly which one--but that is only somewhat a guess from when I did the trailer wiring that overlaps the RSE wires for God only knows why. The RSE control box for it is literally under the battery; same place the identical trailer module goes. In the trailer scenarios as some mentioned, my own experience there is I either have it all powered (screens, DVD unit, etc., or I have none. Thus if it has power to part of system (drive unit) and not the rest (screens), I would suspect more a fuse or wiring/connector type issue. There may be more than one fuse too given the several components. Bentley...

None of the posts here are talking about a scan either...you really need/want a VCDS to be dealing w/ stuff like this and not turn it into a who knows what's wrong guessing situation.

Shamoye Lewis 01-22-2016 10:37 PM

I have the wire diagrams but the PC is in my trunk and its snowing.... tomorrow (more like later in the day) Ill get i and post a copy....

ismace 01-23-2016 02:25 AM

Mine is RHD. Check the RSE fuse at the front right fuse compartment. Fuse is okay. Did a scan and the trailer (#69) not reacheable. I have power to the DVD player but couldn't eject the disc and no power to the screens. Removed the battery and check the trailer module. Found water underneath the battery compartment. Saw the trailer module (4E0907383J) opened it up and saw the circuit board corroded. Seem like i have 2 problems now, trailer module need replacement and water leaking into battery compartment. Anyone had the water leaking into battery compartment before? Thanks

Shamoye Lewis 01-23-2016 02:36 AM

dont think you need the trailer module for the RSE, thats for a trailer.... if you dont use a trailer just code it out of the gateway.... maybe the RSE module got wet, they usually on the left side of the trunk..... opposite the battery