A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT NO POWER

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT NO POWER

Hello Everyone ,
I just got a 2005 a8 w12 and was checking out the RSE and realized i couldn't eject dvd sleeve in trunk (no sound nothing dead). I use remote with new batteries tried to turn on monitors nothing. Tried looking for RSE fuse but can't locate. Can someone please help with any suggestions,fuse location and wiring diagram for this RSE SYSTEM. It is the Blaupunkt DVC-03. Thanks for your help
Old 01-21-2016, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tmac2015
Hello Everyone ,
I just got a 2005 a8 w12 and was checking out the RSE and realized i couldn't eject dvd sleeve in trunk (no sound nothing dead). I use remote with new batteries tried to turn on monitors nothing. Tried looking for RSE fuse but can't locate. Can someone please help with any suggestions,fuse location and wiring diagram for this RSE SYSTEM. It is the Blaupunkt DVC-03. Thanks for your help
Having the same issue ~ but my case trunk loaded dvd module works fine ~
I'm just not getting the power for the TVs ~
Just wondering if you were able to fix the issue ~
Old 01-21-2016, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is what i did and it worked for me hope it helps. (In case anyone needs to know... To fix issue I had to recode Towing control(J345) module to 0001002 in VCDS #69 Trailer module and it worked!!! Thanks to peter at ross-tech!!!)
Old 01-21-2016, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tmac2015
This is what i did and it worked for me hope it helps. (In case anyone needs to know... To fix issue I had to recode Towing control(J345) module to 0001002 in VCDS #69 Trailer module and it worked!!! Thanks to peter at ross-tech!!!)
Thank you~ I'll give it a try~!!
in Vcds which diagnostic mode do I need to use?
Old 01-22-2016, 08:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys, need help with no power to RSE. The earlier recommendations didn't work for me as I don't have the trailer module (#69). I have checked the fuse and it was good. Let me know what i should do next. Thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ismace
Hi guys, need help with no power to RSE. The earlier recommendations didn't work for me as I don't have the trailer module (#69). I have checked the fuse and it was good. Let me know what i should do next. Thanks
Im having the same issue ~ just wondering you said, you checked the fuse

can you tell me which fuse box and possibly fuse number as well?

Thank you
Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 581 Likes on 487 Posts

I think fuses are somewhere in the right side trunk area on a US/Continental Europe/LHD one (where the battery is) even though the drive unit is on the opposite side; I don't remember exactly which one--but that is only somewhat a guess from when I did the trailer wiring that overlaps the RSE wires for God only knows why. The RSE control box for it is literally under the battery; same place the identical trailer module goes. In the trailer scenarios as some mentioned, my own experience there is I either have it all powered (screens, DVD unit, etc., or I have none. Thus if it has power to part of system (drive unit) and not the rest (screens), I would suspect more a fuse or wiring/connector type issue. There may be more than one fuse too given the several components. Bentley...

None of the posts here are talking about a scan either...you really need/want a VCDS to be dealing w/ stuff like this and not turn it into a who knows what's wrong guessing situation.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 01-22-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:37 PM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the wire diagrams but the PC is in my trunk and its snowing.... tomorrow (more like later in the day) Ill get i and post a copy....
Old 01-23-2016, 02:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine is RHD. Check the RSE fuse at the front right fuse compartment. Fuse is okay. Did a scan and the trailer (#69) not reacheable. I have power to the DVD player but couldn't eject the disc and no power to the screens. Removed the battery and check the trailer module. Found water underneath the battery compartment. Saw the trailer module (4E0907383J) opened it up and saw the circuit board corroded. Seem like i have 2 problems now, trailer module need replacement and water leaking into battery compartment. Anyone had the water leaking into battery compartment before? Thanks
Old 01-23-2016, 02:36 AM
Engineer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dont think you need the trailer module for the RSE, thats for a trailer.... if you dont use a trailer just code it out of the gateway.... maybe the RSE module got wet, they usually on the left side of the trunk..... opposite the battery

Quick Reply: REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT NO POWER