AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/)
-   -   Electrical System Limited Error 2022 A3 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/electrical-system-limited-error-2022-a3-3066015/)

farooq555 01-16-2024 02:19 PM

Quick update brother, I quickly gone through the owners manual and on page 218, one of the option was to turn on the engine in stationary point for few mins and I did the same and guess what after restart the warning went away huhh a sigh of relief for now.

I believe it might be guess of low usage of my car, I work from home and use car mostly on weekends, should be careful and try to use at-least for few miles/turn on the engine in stationary point.

Thanks

Revenga 01-16-2024 02:22 PM

Ya unfortunately mine doesn't resolve even if you drive the car. It goes from yellow warning to red warning and tells me to pull over :( This last time I drove the car every single day until it sat for the two weekend days and still I went to turn it on and battery alert. At this point even the service advisor is convinced something is wrong with it.
I'm glad yours got sorted though! Maybe take it to get checked just to be safe

farooq555 01-16-2024 02:28 PM

Thanks, btw do let us know once everything is sorted out from your side

Revenga 01-16-2024 02:32 PM

I will keep you posted, but I am not optimistic at this point. My Audi is at the Oakville location towed twice in 2 weeks, the first time they blamed me, this time I drove it a lot so they can't blame me for this. Not sure how a car can't sit for 2 days and not have battery problems. I had to argue with them about getting a rental car which I still don't have. The mechanic was being a real jerk to the service advisor who was just trying to help/ I really think they will not solve the problem again. I'm disappointed as this is my first Audi and now I have a big problem. Problems happen with cars, but it's all in whether the dealership can resolve them and not cause me to repeatedly lose time off work and stress to keep going back.
I will be sure to keep updating. I'm hoping someone else will come in with some insight for us though

farooq555 01-16-2024 06:11 PM

You mean Audi Oakville, is this where you got your car?
if yes then we are in the same boat, I got the car from the same location too and one quick thing don't we require any service appointment for the car is direct walk-in allowed.

If the issue persists in my car again I believe this is something to do with the A3 models, lets see how it goes I will monitor it closely, fingers crossed.

Revenga 01-17-2024 04:11 AM

Yep Audi Oakville. I don't think you can directly walk in for service since they are currently booked to end of Feb. I just called them and told them I was brining the car since I can't drive it again. Only problem is because they are so busy the car sits there for a few days before anyone can look at it.

farooq555 01-17-2024 11:33 AM

Since the issue popped up yesteraday and I want to make sure everything is fine, I got an appointment in mid feb and the service provider said they will charge for diagnosis, did you also pay for it.

Revenga 01-18-2024 01:11 PM

Well that was an entire debate with them today! Essentially my battery is now dead and needs replaced, they wanted to charge me 1000.00 for replacement plus 200.00 diagnostic fee. It's a long story, I'll circle back once I am convinced this issue is resolved in a day or two. Keep me posted on how it's going with your car as well. BTW out of curiosity how many km are on your car

Revenga 01-18-2024 01:13 PM

Sorry 1000 for the battery including the 200.00 diagnostic

farooq555 01-18-2024 04:22 PM

The dealers at there best, not sure what the warranty is for?
Btw I mostly used the vehicle on weekends only apart from any other errand, its just somewhere close to 9K km.