Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Electrical System Limited Error 2022 A3

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical System Limited Error 2022 A3

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, hoping someone has some insight on an ongoing issue with my 2022 A3. In the first week of Jan I started driving to work when I noticed the battery light come on with the following message "Electrical system limited, drive with care". I decided to turn around and drive home since I wasn't too far out and by the time I got home the warning light changed to red and said to pull over.
I had the car towed to the dealership who had it for 3 days (no loaners available) They said they tested the 12V battery and it was fine, the 48v was depleted to 40% and the 12% was depleted to 60%. They charged the batteries and told me this is my fault for not driving the car enough, I thought this has never been an issue previously but fair enough I was off work for the holidays and only made a few short trips before parking the car for 2 days.
Last week I drove to work every day then my car was parked only Saturday and Sunday without moving, today I go to drive to work and again I get the "Electrical system limited, drive with care". So unfortunately I will needing to be getting it towed back to the dealership again today and be carless for however long which is a problem for my work.
Any ideas what is wrong here? I am hoping to get some insight so that I can be prepared with questions if they come back and say this is my fault again. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-16-2024, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Same here, owned Audi A3 2022 model and got the same message today wondering is it something to do with the A3 models, between did they charged for charging the battery(the reason to ask as it is under warranty) and do please upadte us.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi There,

No they didn't charge me any fees for charging the battery but it didn't resolve the situation. I just had it towed to the dealership again and had a bit of an argument with them. I am thinking it's either a defective battery, alternator or something is sucking up power when it's parked for a day or two. I'm no mechanic though.
Now I am again without a car for however long until they get around to actually looking at it which estimate is 4-5 days before they even look at it.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Between are you from canada/usa
Old 01-16-2024, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am planning to take my vehicle to dealership and be prepared to answer or question them as the vehicle is under warranty for atleast next three years
Old 01-16-2024, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I am in Canada, where are you located?
Old 01-16-2024, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ontario/Canada.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I hope my dealer won't charge me too, lets see I got in touch with the dealer customer care and mentioned they will call me back.They usually take good time to respond, lets see how it goes, btw do let us know if you happen to receive further updates from your dealer regarding the electrical and do you think is it safe to drive to near by like under 10 miles distance(btw the message displayed on dashboard is "Electrical System Currently Limited, Drive with greater care"
Old 01-16-2024, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm not sure, to be honest I am afraid to drive it and then it just dies, especially since last time the battery was so low when they looked at it. I had it towed both times, I will keep you posted what happens.
I am also in Ontario. Keep me posted if you hear something also
Old 01-16-2024, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sure.

Quick Reply: Electrical System Limited Error 2022 A3