AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/)
-   -   RS3 Sedan Key FOB Upgrade? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/rs3-sedan-key-fob-upgrade-2929994/)

immanental 08-24-2017 04:32 AM

Update?

Originally Posted by LuckyBB (Post 25026802)
Any update?

any updates? i contacted my dealership and they said this wasn't possible. definitely want to do this switch!

Timmay 08-24-2017 08:10 AM

Ahh yes, the stigma of owning a lowly RS3.

Micronaught 08-24-2017 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Timmay (Post 25027192)
Ahh yes, the stigma of owning a lowly RS3.

So you are opposed to having a slick piece of tech in your pocket vs an older albeit functional design? Do you own an iPhone 3GS?

Timmay 08-24-2017 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Micronaught (Post 25027201)
So you are opposed to having a slick piece of tech in your pocket vs an older albeit functional design? Do you own an iPhone 3GS?

Since I don't know you I will chalk this up to not having paid attention to some of my previous posts, including this thread. I of course would like to have a slick key fob, and I basically stated that from the beginning. In fact, I have a crappy key fob for my '17 S3 that is identical to my '06 A3 to put it into perspective. I think it's ridiculous. No reason we should have a switch blade style key fob in this day and age, especially for the RS3. I had mentioned previously that my 2014 S4 had a much better key fob w/o said switch blade mechanism and had the S4 logo on it, etc. My current S3 keyfob? Nada...zilch.

Btw, I don't own an iPhone either. I'm part of the 87.7% that uses Android.

UPDATE: I swear to god that I was responding to someone that posted something on here that was making light of the fact their RS3 is more expensive than an S4, S5 yet stuck with low tech key fob. It was either erased for some reason or my brain is slowly deteriorating. Anyway, my earlier post was a sarcastic attempt at humor which was following up on THAT post. Hope that helps put my comment in perspective, but most people here that follow this forum know my views, I think.

Micronaught 08-24-2017 09:58 AM

Sorry for not paying attention to your posts , I didn't realize who you were . ;)

But in general it seems for every one person who would like a new fob, there is an equal and opposite view on it that baffles me ... yes it's stupid and minor but it's what we like and want, and something an auto enthusiast would laser right in on.

Timmay 08-24-2017 10:47 AM

LOL no worries. I also realized you had commented much earlier in this thread as well with a comment that I can totally relate to about having the key pop open while in your pocket! Very frustrating we can't just get a key fob that doesn't have the pop out key!

eason_c 08-24-2017 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Timmay (Post 25027280)
LOL no worries. I also realized you had commented much earlier in this thread as well with a comment that I can totally relate to about having the key pop open while in your pocket! Very frustrating we can't just get a key fob that doesn't have the pop out key!

Problem solved on the pop out key.. LOL..

Timmay 08-24-2017 11:37 AM

Awesome! Now can we get that modification in Ara Blue? :)

russbert 08-24-2017 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Timmay (Post 25027310)
Awesome! Now can we get that modification in Ara Blue? :)

+1 Absolutely! :-D

Micronaught 08-24-2017 02:12 PM

I had a conversation with my SA today , he said no way the ttrs key will work with our cars. I just sort of nodded my head yes ... he went on to say it was locked to our VIN , he will sell me the key no problem but...

So let's hope our "shepherd " will lead us lambs still ��