AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/)
-   -   Green fluid leaking from rear underside (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b8-125/green-fluid-leaking-rear-underside-2940377/)

nixlair 01-06-2018 04:50 PM

Green fluid leaking from rear underside

Hi. I brand spanking new to this forum. I just picked up a 2010 A5 Premium plus 2.0T manual in blue. Frickin loving the car. It has 75k miles on it and was very clean. Today, while starting her up in one of the coldest days in Montreal, Canada, I noticed a greenish fluid is leaking - coming from the rear between the two wheels, I can see a small icicle of the fluid actually suspended underneath the car and on the snow where it leaked. I did have the A/C running hot air to defrost the windows. I just picked up the car almost 3 days ago. Any idea what this could be? Just want to be sure i can drive it over the weekend before heading back to the dealer to get it checked out. Thanks guys.

nixlair 01-13-2018 06:10 PM

84 views and no one has an answer? ok, i'm heading to the dealer and i guess if i do come up with anything i'll post it so anyone else comes across this issue at least they can have an answer. thanks.

raj99 01-13-2018 08:54 PM

Was the car maintained at an Audi dealer? I've heard horror stories of people changing their coolant fluid from the Red to the more available and cheaper Green fluid, which doesn't work w/our vehicles. Take a look at your coolant expansion tank and hopefully it's got red fluid in it.

If it's on the rear, perhaps is differential fluid...only way to really tell is to get the car up on a lift and check.

Stevereddy 01-14-2018 07:51 AM

I suggest Depends, they work well!

J. Patterson 01-14-2018 11:51 AM

We didn’t answer because the only green or blue fluid is washer fluid. That leak would be up front. So—— we are puzzled too. Good luck!

pocketmaster 01-14-2018 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by nixlair (Post 25092674)
Hi. I brand spanking new to this forum. I just picked up a 2010 A5 Premium plus 2.0T manual in blue. Frickin loving the car. It has 75k miles on it and was very clean. Today, while starting her up in one of the coldest days in Montreal, Canada, I noticed a greenish fluid is leaking - coming from the rear between the two wheels, I can see a small icicle of the fluid actually suspended underneath the car and on the snow where it leaked. I did have the A/C running hot air to defrost the windows. I just picked up the car almost 3 days ago. Any idea what this could be? Just want to be sure i can drive it over the weekend before heading back to the dealer to get it checked out. Thanks guys.

Probably a long shot, but the moonroof drains are at the corners of the moonroof. The rear drains lead to an area just inside the rear fender wells. If you were on a slope or possibly at an angle, if there was any precipitation in your area....rain/snow.... it could have simply leaked from the fenderwell and found its way to the rear diff. I can't think of ANYTHING thats green that would be leaking on our cars. The coolant is pink.... most washer fluid is blue and possibly green. Does the fluid have a smell??