AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Latest Dealer Scam? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/latest-dealer-scam-3007796/)

Nikon1 11-19-2020 07:36 AM

Latest Dealer Scam?

I was at the Audi dealership this morning for a Service Call and decided to walk around the showroom since it was totally empty (great thing about an 8:00 am appointment — NO salespeople or customers) and I happened to see this tag on all the cars:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...a490c766d.jpeg

(Poor photo quality due to really old iPhone)

$595 for the old “Benefits of Nitrogen in your tires” scam. Really, an Audi and they’re playing this old game for ADP (added dealer profit). Very disappointing to see on these level of cars!

— John

synergize 11-19-2020 07:45 AM

Maybe they meant to use the word "Nitrous" but used "Nitrogen" instead, a Nitrous Pro pack would be worth $595. Kidding aside, the air we breathe is 78 percent nitrogen, so it's already in the tires at that level, this dealer is d-bag!

belzebutt 11-19-2020 07:58 AM

This might be one of those sales tricks where they put a $595 price on it and then throw it in for free to make you feel like you got a good deal. It's possible no one has ever paid for this. But seriously $600... I wouldn't even pay $6.

DaveSNJ 11-19-2020 08:45 AM

Don't blame Audi. Blame dealer management. Blame suckers who will think they're getting something when the dealer happily takes it off as @belzebutt suggested,
This is why out of our last 4 vehicles only one has been purchased from a dealer in NJ. These games are all too common here.

Lookout57 11-19-2020 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ (Post 25519582)
Don't blame Audi. Blame dealer management. Blame suckers who will think they're getting something when the dealer happily takes it off as @belzebutt suggested,
This is why out of our last 4 vehicles only one has been purchased from a dealer in NJ. These games are all too common here.

I've been dealing with the same Audi dealer in North Jersey for 20 years and they have never pulled a stunt like this.

Nikon1 11-19-2020 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ (Post 25519582)

That’s why I titled this thread “Latest Dealer Scam” not Audi Scam.

I’m not so much “blaming” Audi — but they have to be at least “aware” of this sales tactic as, in my opinion, it does reflect poorly on both the dealer and the product they’re selling to make such a transparent money grab for a prestigious brand.

Guaranteed if I was buying a car and the dealer tried to pull more $$$ out of my pocket with this scam — the last thing they’d hear from me would be “adios.”

— John

NJS5 11-19-2020 12:57 PM

Guys, your over reacting. It’s the “Pro” package, not the standard package........

garberfc 11-19-2020 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by NJS5 (Post 25519691)
Guys, your over reacting. It’s the “Pro” package, not the standard package........

Badda-Bing! 😜

Nikon1 11-19-2020 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by NJS5 (Post 25519691)

Maybe the “PRO” package boosts the BHP? I wonder if my car insurance rates would go up, based on having the “Nitrogen Pro Pack” in my car?

— John

NJS5 11-19-2020 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nikon1 (Post 25519709)
Maybe the “PRO” package boosts the BHP? I wonder if my car insurance rates would go up, based on having the “Nitrogen Pro Pack” in my car?

— John

Yes they will. Your car has become a bigger target for theft.