AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Latest Dealer Scam? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/latest-dealer-scam-3007796/)

Len Ferrara 11-20-2020 01:18 PM

This scam has been around for years. Dealers are dealers. Just say no. Remain calm. Walk out.
I like to be informative and explain how the atmosphere is already 78% nitrogen. As already stated.
Best scam is the $400 for "pin-stripping.
Years ago I gave my son our Honda CR-V. 4 years later he traded it in. 2 weeks later the car was on the lot with a charge of $400 for pin-stripping - that I had done myself!
I've found Audi to have their own add-on profits: puddle lights, wheel locks, all-weather mats. They seem to come standard on every car these days. Doesn't come to a whole lot when leasing.

DaveSNJ 11-21-2020 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Len Ferrara (Post 25520014)
I've found Audi to have their own add-on profits: puddle lights, wheel locks, all-weather mats. They seem to come standard on every car these days. Doesn't come to a whole lot when leasing.

Yeah, these are certainly profit centers, but most are port installed options the dealer has no say over.

Nikon1 11-21-2020 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by DaveSNJ (Post 25520152)
Yeah, these are certainly profit centers, but most are port installed options the dealer has no say over.

Not too sure about that — when I ordered mine, I questioned the sales manager as to what the “Audi Beam Lights” were and they walked me over to a car, opened the door and I was sold. I refused wheel locks, LoJack and a few other “standard” options and reiterated that I would walk if they accidentally added any of those options.

My S5 came in exactly as ordered, so the dealer must have made it clear to somebody up the chain not to clutter my car up with worthless extras. At that point, the dealer had ZERO money of mine.

— John

belzebutt 11-21-2020 10:46 AM

In Canada when you price the S5 online, the metal pedals are shown as an available add-on in the aftermarket accessories, like the puddle lights. I wonder what happens if you're ignorant and you add that on. But as far as I know they all come with it. I got the iPhone cable thrown in, but some people get charged for it. My dealer wanted to automatically add an extra charge for wheel locks, claiming all the cars on their lot have them installed, but I said don't put them on so they didn't. They were very good and didn't insist on any extra protection packages etc., they just briefly gave me the list and said think about it, if you want anything let us know.

gk1 11-21-2020 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Nikon1 (Post 25520156)
Not too sure about that — when I ordered mine, I questioned the sales manager as to what the “Audi Beam Lights” were and they walked me over to a car, opened the door and I was sold. I refused wheel locks, LoJack and a few other “standard” options and reiterated that I would walk if they accidentally added any of those options.

My S5 came in exactly as ordered, so the dealer must have made it clear to somebody up the chain not to clutter my car up with worthless extras. At that point, the dealer had ZERO money of mine.

— John

Yeah on an "ordered" car it should come exactly how you ordered it.
Surprised they were willing to order you a car with no deposit, but Daytona Gray sells like hotcakes so was probably no skin off their back since they could sell it on the lot if you changed your mind.

18A5SB 11-21-2020 02:40 PM

Dealers sense the customer eagerness, interest, urgency, finance requirement and act accordingly. Also timing is important, end of a quarter when dealers have to meet quota is good time.