AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   obdeleven (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/obdeleven-2950989/)

OneOfOne 06-07-2018 09:32 AM

obdeleven

fired it up today for the first time in few months. was looking to turn on the scandinavian drl's for my rear tail lights since I just had the clear blackline version installed. noticed that there are a lot more apps in the S5 section. even one for turning off the amber indicators which makes no sense since in the US they remain amber anyway. also added the RS5 g meter to the display as an option. it does display but doesnt do anything. I doubt that the S5 has a g meter in it but in case it does is there a way to turn it on? very pleasantly surprised that they added so many apps. even have the gear display available in drive or in sport mode now and it works.

rccoleman 06-07-2018 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by OneOfOne (Post 25163180)
I doubt that the S5 has a g meter in it but in case it does is there a way to turn it on?

I made the same change manually a while ago and got the same result. There was a post from someone saying that the S4/S5 don't have the accelerometer hardware.

MRA5SB 06-07-2018 07:00 PM

fired it up today for the first time in few months. was looking to turn on the scandinavian drl's for my rear tail lights since I just had the clear blackline version installed. noticed that there are a lot more apps in the S5 section. even one for turning off the amber indicators which makes no sense since in the US they remain amber anyway.

At night you don't see any amber in your headlights, I like the clean look. Agreed, that in daytime it doesn't really matter.

CtheW0rld 06-07-2018 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by rccoleman (Post 25163184)
I made the same change manually a while ago and got the same result. There was a post from someone saying that the S4/S5 don't have the accelerometer hardware.

There are g-meter apps for your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rfree&hl=en_US

rccoleman 06-08-2018 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by CtheW0rld (Post 25163484)
There are g-meter apps for your phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rfree&hl=en_US

Sure, but my goal with these coding changes is often "what cool stuff can I add to my car?" and not "how can I solve this problem?" :). Enabling a g-meter is very much in the former category for me.

Rob O 06-08-2018 09:47 AM

even one for turning off the amber indicators which makes no sense since in the US they remain amber anyway.

Makes sense for people like me who swap with e-codes (easier than using long code in VAG-COM/VCP to disable amber indicators) or who tint/blackout the orange reflector

Tb5 06-08-2018 09:54 AM

Since I will be receiving my OBDeleven soon, what are some of the most popular changes (that work) people are making on their A5 S5 vehicles?

CtheW0rld 06-08-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by rccoleman (Post 25163659)
Sure, but my goal with these coding changes is often "what cool stuff can I add to my car?" and not "how can I solve this problem?" :). Enabling a g-meter is very much in the former category for me.

Just offering a solution since your car doesn't have the hardware.

MRA5SB 06-08-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tb5 (Post 25163671)
Since I will be receiving my OBDeleven soon, what are some of the most popular changes (that work) people are making on their A5 S5 vehicles?

There are so many threads already discussing this, go to the A4 B9 forum - it has a lengthy thread on all the changes available.

Trade_it_all_4_more 06-08-2018 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tb5 (Post 25163671)

Definitely check out the other threads, but these are my adjustments, and likely the most popular ones overall:

--------------------------------------
>>To mute the Soundaktuator
A9 Structure Borne Sound
Adaptation 10
At Channel drop down choose "Volume of structure borne noise actuator" (only choice)
Enter a value in the proper box (0% = mute )
>>show gear in D and S
02 - Transmission
Adaptation
“Single gear display”
Set new value to “D on/S on”
>>Increase Range of Comfort Window Open/Close with Key
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Long Coding
“comfort_operation_range_limitation”
Change from “active” to “not active”
Press and hold green check mark to accept
>>Confort Blink Cycle
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Adaption
Turn signal control-freeway flashing: flashing cycles
Old value is 3 (for 3 blinks)
-----------------------------------------
Disable Seat Belt Chime
Go to module 17 “Dash Board”
Long Coding -> “Seat Belt Warning”
Default is “Version 2”. Version 1” displays the logo without chime. “Off” turns off the logo and chime
Green check mark to accept.