AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Question regarding negotiating for new A/S 5 purchase (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/question-regarding-negotiating-new-s-5-purchase-2955016/)

shaselai 08-08-2018 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 25192698)

thats 9% off, you should be able to get another 2% more, offer him 13% 0ff.

what if he challenges me on why 13% off? Maybe 9% off there some justification if what he say is true. He did say he could try for 10%.... thanks

The G Man 08-08-2018 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by shaselai (Post 25192714)
what if he challenges me on why 13% off? Maybe 9% off there some justification if what he say is true. He did say he could try for 10%.... thanks

you do not need to explain your offer to him nor justify it, either he takes it or not, maybe he will counter. What is important is that he knows you are serious about buying and not shopping around. Offer him 13% and tell him you can come down and sign paper now if he agree. He may counter and you guys might end up at 11% or so. If he can do 10%, ask him to throw in some rubber mats and clear bra.

SCarGuy 08-09-2018 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 25192698)

thats 9% off, you should be able to get another 2% more, offer him 13% 0ff.

except those figures are wrong...

SCarGuy 08-09-2018 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by shaselai (Post 25192635)
weird... maybe the search range too small? I also wanted prestige and driver assist. He said he found one in pa

there are 5 black/black/prestige/warm weather cars between cars on the ground, in port, and in transit

the car he is referring to in PA is with me. I'd be happy to sell it :) Let's make it happen. Will I do 13% off? No. Will I make it a solid deal, quick and efficient? Absolutely. I've sold cars to multiple forum members, and most of those have been to out of state clients.

Ventilated seats, DELETE Front License Plate Holder, Audi connect Guide, Audi Guard Protection Kit , Cold Weather package, Driver Assistance package, Audi Beam - rings, Prestige package, Sport package

MSRP $56675

Nikon1 08-09-2018 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25192938)
there are 5 black/black/prestige/warm weather cars between cars on the ground, in port, and in transit

the car he is referring to in PA is with me. I'd be happy to sell it :) Let's make it happen. Will I do 13% off? No. Will I make it a solid deal, quick and efficient? Absolutely. I've sold cars to multiple forum members, and most of those have been to out of state clients.

Ventilated seats, DELETE Front License Plate Holder, Audi connect Guide, Audi Guard Protection Kit , Cold Weather package, Driver Assistance package, Audi Beam - rings, Prestige package, Sport package

MSRP $56675

Well that’s some solid information! Let’s see if he pulls the trigger. Good Luck!

Dawarrior25 08-09-2018 06:47 AM

13 isn't possible? I was able to get 12, maybe could have got more but 12% off in the config I want I called it a day. As many have said on here right now getting 10% off quickly seems to be fairly easy.. its the few percentage after that that drag on.

Meyecul 08-09-2018 07:11 AM

To the original poster....I would really suggest getting in touch with SCarGuy. I have no relationship or vested interest here, rather just a fellow member that knows he has been a very helpful contributor to this forum and as he has stated a number of times, will be a "solid, quick and efficient buying experience". All of this squeezing the very last drop % off is not worth it IMO. I would much prefer dealing with a stand up rep that will treat you right before, during and after the sale. Just my 2 cents.