AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   Major warranty work at first service - pressure temperature sensors (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/major-warranty-work-first-service-pressure-temperature-sensors-3062575/)

TheMatador 10-18-2023 01:41 PM

Major warranty work at first service - pressure temperature sensors

Anyone know what the reason is for some major work involving removing the dashboard and air conditioning pipes during the first service? 2021 eTron just gone in for its first service and they needed to keep it in overnight because its such a big job. There were no problems withbthe car and this is all done under warranty so I assume its some recall or TSB but I'm intrigued to know what the issue is! Service receptionist was very vague on details but said something about pressure and temperature sensors?

Follow up note: it was "Enhancement campaign 87H9 replacing pressure and temperature sensors"

JNealCox 10-18-2023 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by TheMatador (Post 25854830)
Anyone know what the reason is for some major work involving removing the dashboard and air conditioning pipes during the first service? 2021 eTron just gone in for its first service and they needed to keep it in overnight because its such a big job. There were no problems withbthe car and this is all done under warranty so I assume its some recall or TSB but I'm intrigued to know what the issue is! Service receptionist was very vague on details but said something about pressure and temperature sensors?

Maybe something wrong with your TPMS system?

TheMatador 10-18-2023 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by JNealCox (Post 25854838)

what's the TPMS system? The car was driving perfectly before it went in so I'm figuring this must be some sort of campaign they have to do. Hopefully I'll find out on the paperwork when I get it back.

A4 Phil 10-19-2023 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by TheMatador (Post 25854830)

Circular (nhtsa.gov)

87 Air conditioning does not cool - P053000, P251500 stored in C5

lkfoster 10-19-2023 06:05 AM

Tire Pressure Monitoring System, typically the type with the transmitters on the valve stems.

A4 Phil 10-19-2023 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by JNealCox (Post 25854838)

It is not the TPMS. TPMS is located in the wheels with a receiver in the dash.

yeamac 10-19-2023 07:02 AM

My guess would be the pressure valve failure that prevents the A/C from working. Blower/heater works, just not the A/C. This failure is fairly common in 2021 e-trons. Is your A/C working?

JNealCox 10-19-2023 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by A4 Phil (Post 25854981)
It is not the TPMS. TPMS is located in the wheels with a receiver in the dash.

I was thinking of the receiver, but had not noticed the comment about the AC pipes in the OP.

lkfoster 10-20-2023 07:36 AM

AC pressure switches turn off the compressor on low pressure to protect it. AC temperature switches turn on condenser cooling fans on high temperatures to keep things within normal range. They can be separate or combined switches.

TheMatador 10-21-2023 06:15 AM

It was Enhancement Campaign 87H9

Got my paperwork back and it is "Enhancement campaign 87H9 replacing pressure and temperature sensors" - on the air conditioning system apparently. Pretty major job by all accounts. Involved removing part of the dash and a/c pipework. All done under warranty - still don't know what the issue was but guess the sensors were failing prematurely