Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Major warranty work at first service - pressure temperature sensors

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2023, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Major warranty work at first service - pressure temperature sensors

Anyone know what the reason is for some major work involving removing the dashboard and air conditioning pipes during the first service? 2021 eTron just gone in for its first service and they needed to keep it in overnight because its such a big job. There were no problems withbthe car and this is all done under warranty so I assume its some recall or TSB but I'm intrigued to know what the issue is! Service receptionist was very vague on details but said something about pressure and temperature sensors?

Follow up note: it was "Enhancement campaign 87H9 replacing pressure and temperature sensors"

Last edited by TheMatador; 10-21-2023 at 06:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2023, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 535 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMatador
Anyone know what the reason is for some major work involving removing the dashboard and air conditioning pipes during the first service? 2021 eTron just gone in for its first service and they needed to keep it in overnight because its such a big job. There were no problems withbthe car and this is all done under warranty so I assume its some recall or TSB but I'm intrigued to know what the issue is! Service receptionist was very vague on details but said something about pressure and temperature sensors?
Maybe something wrong with your TPMS system?
Old 10-18-2023, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JNealCox
what's the TPMS system? The car was driving perfectly before it went in so I'm figuring this must be some sort of campaign they have to do. Hopefully I'll find out on the paperwork when I get it back.
Old 10-19-2023, 02:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 677 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMatador
Circular (nhtsa.gov)

87 Air conditioning does not cool - P053000, P251500 stored in C5
Old 10-19-2023, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Tire Pressure Monitoring System, typically the type with the transmitters on the valve stems.
Old 10-19-2023, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 677 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by JNealCox
It is not the TPMS. TPMS is located in the wheels with a receiver in the dash.
Old 10-19-2023, 07:02 AM
Institutionalized Member

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

My guess would be the pressure valve failure that prevents the A/C from working. Blower/heater works, just not the A/C. This failure is fairly common in 2021 e-trons. Is your A/C working?
Old 10-19-2023, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 535 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
It is not the TPMS. TPMS is located in the wheels with a receiver in the dash.
I was thinking of the receiver, but had not noticed the comment about the AC pipes in the OP.
Old 10-20-2023, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

AC pressure switches turn off the compressor on low pressure to protect it. AC temperature switches turn on condenser cooling fans on high temperatures to keep things within normal range. They can be separate or combined switches.
Old 10-21-2023, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default It was Enhancement Campaign 87H9

Got my paperwork back and it is "Enhancement campaign 87H9 replacing pressure and temperature sensors" - on the air conditioning system apparently. Pretty major job by all accounts. Involved removing part of the dash and a/c pipework. All done under warranty - still don't know what the issue was but guess the sensors were failing prematurely

Quick Reply: Major warranty work at first service - pressure temperature sensors