AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/)
-   -   Trunk opening? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-e-tron-q8-e-tron-232/trunk-opening-2981147/)

danielk015 07-22-2021 10:40 AM

Went 5 months without my trunk opening and last night, did it again. Is there any rhyme or reason to the trunk opening? For me it only happens when charging and I leave the charging cable in overnight.

mceatalot 11-14-2021 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by danielk015 (Post 25612287)
Went 5 months without my trunk opening and last night, did it again. Is there any rhyme or reason to the trunk opening? For me it only happens when charging and I leave the charging cable in overnight.

resurrecting this thread. Trunk randomly opened and closed on me today multiple times within minutes of each other while charging at an EVGO station. I was behind the car but no less than five feet away. I’m aware that the hands free kick motion trigger is sensitive, and that’s happened before. But this incident is different and reminded me of this thread. I even put the key on my open hand with the buttons facing up, and the trunk still magically opened and closed. It was so weird.

it finally stopped after I turned on the car and then off.

JNealCox 11-14-2021 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by mceatalot (Post 25649319)
resurrecting this thread. Trunk randomly opened and closed on me today multiple times within minutes of each other while charging at an EVGO station. I was behind the car but no less than five feet away. I’m aware that the hands free kick motion trigger is sensitive, and that’s happened before. But this incident is different and reminded me of this thread. I even put the key on my open hand with the buttons facing up, and the trunk still magically opened and closed. It was so weird.

Hopefully, your car was just thrilled at getting a full battery charge.

danielk015 11-15-2021 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by mceatalot (Post 25649319)

Wow, never heard of this happening before. If you took a video of it, please share. Since my last post, my truck opened just once after an overnight charge. There is no ryhme or reason to why mine opens and I can not duplicate it on the spot.

Joe7erm@gmail.com 02-17-2022 12:53 PM

It happened to me multiple times. I showed up at a public garage, and the trunk was wide open. We took it to Audi. They kept it for a week, and then said that there is nothing wrong with it. Finally, another day, I sat in the car when the trunk was closed. Somehow the trunk opened. I had done absolutely nothing to open the trunk. It took me by surprise. I reversed slowly in the indoor garage, and the trunk hit the ceiling since it was open (trust me, it is hard to see that the trunk is open when looking in the rearview mirror in a dark garage), which punctured a hole in the trunk's door. We took it to Audi. They kept it for 2 weeks, then, told us that there was nothing wrong with the trunk. Obviously, they did some kind of software update since the next morning it took hours for the screen to go out of "loading system profile". Audi continues to deny responsibility, and claim that there was nothing wrong with the trunk and want us to pay for their malfunction. They gave us the car back after 2 weeks with the hole patched improperly. To order a new trunk door apparently would take some time (in back order). I mean, this is something. Audi is taking us for fools. Audi, there is something wrong your Etron 2021 trunk door. When will you believe us?

alevek 02-18-2022 03:21 AM

There is definitely something wrong. Besides all the times the trunk closes on it's own, yesterday car was in garage with door closed. Went to plug in charge cable and when pushed the charge door button, trunk opened and hit the garage door. Luckily made contact with license plate, so no damage. At first I thought that maybe I had accidentally put pressure on the fob in my pocket so I closed the trunk, pushed the charge door button, and sure enough the trunk opened again into the garage door.
Next time I go for service I'll have it checked.

BW5 02-18-2022 03:29 PM

I've had it happen in my garage a couple times...but caused by the charge cable dragging under the bumper as I pull it around to plug in

R3Wood 02-22-2022 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by danielk015 (Post 25612287)

Hello,

Since April 2021, we’ve had 5. 3 in garage, 1 shopping, 1 while pulling out of parking space. Dealer said nothing wrong LOL

yeamac 09-21-2022 05:48 PM

Just read this entire thread. I have had no issues with the trunk opening on its own during 16 months of ownership until now.

I teach a class on Wednesday nights and two weeks ago came out after class and noticed the trunk open. Nothing too valuable inside, nothing taken. A parent of one of my students texted me tonight if I wanted my trunk open. It's raining. Obviously not. This was the second time this has happened, same conditions/location. I find it hard to believe I accidentally pushed the middle of my key fob two times to open the rear lid.

I have OBD eleven so may see about disabling the key fob button. I park nightly in the garage but have never seen it trunk open accidentally at home. Strange, very strange.

727200 09-22-2022 07:41 AM

I had once instance where the keys were in my pocket all day around the house which opened it while in the garage. My SO came home and the garage door got caught on it. Luckily (i don't know how" no damage but ever since I removed my keys from my pocket it hasn't happened.