AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   New phone - bluetooth issues (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/new-phone-bluetooth-issues-2811380/)

fonseca_Q5 08-17-2011 02:46 PM

New phone - bluetooth issues

I just got a new Motorola Droid X2. I paired the phone with the bluetooth and the phone works but my contact list on the MMI is blank. I can receive calls but I can't make them via the voice command because the contact list is blank. I went into the phone settings in the MMI and did the "import contact list" but I am still having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James P. 08-17-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by fonseca_Q5 (Post 24184883)
I just got a new Motorola Droid X2. I paired the phone with the bluetooth and the phone works but my contact list on the MMI is blank. I can receive calls but I can't make them via the voice command because the contact list is blank. I went into the phone settings in the MMI and did the "import contact list" but I am still having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There might be a setting on your phone that determines if the contacts are sync'd or not. On my iPhone, there is a specific setting in the Bluetooth properties for each paired device that controls whether contacts are sync'd so perhaps you have something similar.

TIME89 08-17-2011 05:54 PM

Check where you store your contacts - on the phone or SIM card.
If SIM card - maybe that is the problem.

stevedusa 08-17-2011 09:19 PM

In order for your MMI to import or access your contacts, the Phonebook Access protocol must be enabled. By default that procedure is automatically executed AFTER your initial pairing with the MMI.

I'd unpair and then delete both devices from each other then on your phone, add MMI first then watch for a second bluetooth access/pair request. At least that's how it behaves on my phones, Android or not.

You might also want to always enable authorization to the MMI on your phone.

Also, it could be a software issue (the phone).

spijun 08-17-2011 09:23 PM

I have a Motorola Droid X2 and Samsung Galaxy S and both work without problem.
In phone book, I put the phone

fonseca_Q5 08-18-2011 12:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'll mess with the phone to see if I can figure it out.

Shrad6 08-19-2011 07:25 PM

I hate my Driod X. My issues that I've had for over a month now is dialing a number through blue tooth/voice command. I'll hit the button on the steering wheel and say call "chris". The call won't connect and I get the error message stating my phone doesn't support this function. Start the call over again and it works just fine. Really annoying because everything worked great before motorola sent out some damn software update for the phone. On my second Driod X now and it's still the same problem.

fonseca_Q5 08-20-2011 04:35 PM

I was able to fix the issue. I had to enable my phone to share the contacts. Once I turned that feature on it works just fine. Thanks for the help!