AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/)
-   -   Recaro Car Seats (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mki-8r-discussion-129/recaro-car-seats-2856262/)

VeilSdeGTO 11-02-2013 01:28 PM

Recaro Car Seats

Hi,

We currently have the Recaro ProSport for our daughter behind the passenger seat. We are expecting our second in a couple of weeks and we're thinking of getting the Recaro ProRide (or performance ride) convertible seat.

We will put the ProSport behind the driver seat since that one is forward-facing and put the ProRide behind the passenger seat rear-facing.

My husband thinks that it will be tight fit for both him (driver 6'3) and I (passenger 5'9) but I think it would work. We also have a A4 and will have the same configuration, but with me being driver.

Does anybody have any experience with these car seats and how they fit?

DennisMitchell 11-02-2013 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by VeilSdeGTO (Post 24504970)
Hi,

We currently have the Recaro ProSport for our daughter behind the passenger seat. We are expecting our second in a couple of weeks and we're thinking of getting the Recaro ProRide (or performance ride) convertible seat.

We will put the ProSport behind the driver seat since that one is forward-facing and put the ProRide behind the passenger seat rear-facing.

My husband thinks that it will be tight fit for both him (driver 6'3) and I (passenger 5'9) but I think it would work. We also have a A4 and will have the same configuration, but with me being driver.

If it works in A4, it should be even better in Q5. There is more rear legroom in Q5.

Buckeye96 11-04-2013 09:11 AM

Hi,

It will be tight in the A4. We had the recaro Proride on the passenger side for the A4 and it made the front seat feel very restricted. My wife was fine in it, but I could not ride in the passenger seat for an extended period.

The Q5 has about 3" more leg room so you should have zero issues with fit and comfort. With the Proride in the Q5, I can easily fit in the passenger seat and get it so that I am very comfortable.

VeilSdeGTO 11-07-2013 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye96 (Post 24505505)
It will be tight in the A4. We had the recaro Proride on the passenger side for the A4 and it made the front seat feel very restricted. My wife was fine in it, but I could not ride in the passenger seat for an extended period.

The Q5 has about 3" more leg room so you should have zero issues with fit and comfort. With the Proride in the Q5, I can easily fit in the passenger seat and get it so that I am very comfortable.

Thanks for your input. How tall are you? I'm pretty sure I would be fine being a little scrunched in the Q5 with the ProRide behind me as a passenger.

VeilSdeGTO 11-07-2013 06:51 AM

Anybody have any experiences with the ProSport behind the driver seat?

idale 11-07-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by VeilSdeGTO (Post 24506744)
Anybody have any experiences with the ProSport behind the driver seat?

Not specifically, but I've got a Signo (predecessor to the ProRide, so a little bigger than the ProSport would be) FF behind the driver's seat. I'm about 6' but don't have any idea as far as leg vs. torso since that'll matter (usually a 31-32" inseam for some level of reference).

hookooehoo 11-07-2013 11:40 PM

Hi,

Hi. We have a ProRide for my Daughter. My personal opinion is you will be pretty cramped for space. A lot will depend on how far forward you will sit and how upright the seat back is. I personally would not be comfortable with a ProRide behind me. I am only 5'9". I say this because when my daughter was rear facing we did not have the Q5 yet, but we had a Yukon and Tahoe. In both these FULL size SUV's we had her in the middle, due to the fact when she was on an outside seating position the car seat was rubbing or pressing into the front seat back. My wife who is only 5'4" was a little more comfortable because her legs were shorter and she could move the seat forward, but when i rode shot gun and moved the seat back, it was always touching the car seat. I would say the Yukon and Tahoe have a good 4-6 inches more space over the Q5, if not a little more. I love the Recaro car seats and will use nothing else for my kids, but they are HUGE! lol
I honestly think you guys will be a little cramped. I don't know where you live, but if you are close to a Buy Buy Baby or any retailer who sells them, most will let you take the floor model out to your car and install it and see how it fits. If you are in NorCal you are more then welcome to test fit with mine, we have 2, one for each of our main vehicles.

Buckeye96 11-13-2013 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by VeilSdeGTO (Post 24506743)
Thanks for your input. How tall are you? I'm pretty sure I would be fine being a little scrunched in the Q5 with the ProRide behind me as a passenger.

I'm 5'11" with a 32/33 inseam.