Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Recaro Car Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Recaro Car Seats

Hi,

We currently have the Recaro ProSport for our daughter behind the passenger seat. We are expecting our second in a couple of weeks and we're thinking of getting the Recaro ProRide (or performance ride) convertible seat.

We will put the ProSport behind the driver seat since that one is forward-facing and put the ProRide behind the passenger seat rear-facing.

My husband thinks that it will be tight fit for both him (driver 6'3) and I (passenger 5'9) but I think it would work. We also have a A4 and will have the same configuration, but with me being driver.

Does anybody have any experience with these car seats and how they fit?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by VeilSdeGTO
Hi,

We currently have the Recaro ProSport for our daughter behind the passenger seat. We are expecting our second in a couple of weeks and we're thinking of getting the Recaro ProRide (or performance ride) convertible seat.

We will put the ProSport behind the driver seat since that one is forward-facing and put the ProRide behind the passenger seat rear-facing.

My husband thinks that it will be tight fit for both him (driver 6'3) and I (passenger 5'9) but I think it would work. We also have a A4 and will have the same configuration, but with me being driver.

If it works in A4, it should be even better in Q5. There is more rear legroom in Q5.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

It will be tight in the A4. We had the recaro Proride on the passenger side for the A4 and it made the front seat feel very restricted. My wife was fine in it, but I could not ride in the passenger seat for an extended period.

The Q5 has about 3" more leg room so you should have zero issues with fit and comfort. With the Proride in the Q5, I can easily fit in the passenger seat and get it so that I am very comfortable.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Buckeye96
It will be tight in the A4. We had the recaro Proride on the passenger side for the A4 and it made the front seat feel very restricted. My wife was fine in it, but I could not ride in the passenger seat for an extended period.

The Q5 has about 3" more leg room so you should have zero issues with fit and comfort. With the Proride in the Q5, I can easily fit in the passenger seat and get it so that I am very comfortable.
Thanks for your input. How tall are you? I'm pretty sure I would be fine being a little scrunched in the Q5 with the ProRide behind me as a passenger.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Anybody have any experiences with the ProSport behind the driver seat?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Anybody have any experiences with the ProSport behind the driver seat?
Not specifically, but I've got a Signo (predecessor to the ProRide, so a little bigger than the ProSport would be) FF behind the driver's seat. I'm about 6' but don't have any idea as far as leg vs. torso since that'll matter (usually a 31-32" inseam for some level of reference).
Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi,

Hi. We have a ProRide for my Daughter. My personal opinion is you will be pretty cramped for space. A lot will depend on how far forward you will sit and how upright the seat back is. I personally would not be comfortable with a ProRide behind me. I am only 5'9". I say this because when my daughter was rear facing we did not have the Q5 yet, but we had a Yukon and Tahoe. In both these FULL size SUV's we had her in the middle, due to the fact when she was on an outside seating position the car seat was rubbing or pressing into the front seat back. My wife who is only 5'4" was a little more comfortable because her legs were shorter and she could move the seat forward, but when i rode shot gun and moved the seat back, it was always touching the car seat. I would say the Yukon and Tahoe have a good 4-6 inches more space over the Q5, if not a little more. I love the Recaro car seats and will use nothing else for my kids, but they are HUGE! lol
I honestly think you guys will be a little cramped. I don't know where you live, but if you are close to a Buy Buy Baby or any retailer who sells them, most will let you take the floor model out to your car and install it and see how it fits. If you are in NorCal you are more then welcome to test fit with mine, we have 2, one for each of our main vehicles.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your input. How tall are you? I'm pretty sure I would be fine being a little scrunched in the Q5 with the ProRide behind me as a passenger.
I'm 5'11" with a 32/33 inseam.