AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/)
-   -   New SQ5 has defect/bump in paint prior to drive off (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/new-sq5-has-defect-bump-paint-prior-drive-off-2934566/)

e1superman 10-12-2017 12:26 AM

New SQ5 has defect/bump in paint prior to drive off

Hi all. I just closed a lease on a new SQ5 and during final inspection I saw an eraser sized bump in the paint, slightly raised, with a pen tip sized point where the paint had flaked off and the white primer was showing through. It looks like some type of debree was under the paint when it was painted at the factory. This is on the passenger side door about a third up from The bottom. The car is moonlight blue so this was pretty easy to spot.

I have a 36/10 lease.

Question: I noticed it before I accepted delivery and the dealer said they can sand it down and repaint the small area at their body shop. They said it would look factory when done. What are your thoughts? This will take 2-3 days which I assume I'm paying a lease on (I didn't get a loaner; I just kept me old car). Should I ask for any paperwork, work warrantee, cost offsets for the time I'm paying my lease (again I never took delivery). Should I do anything else?

Thanks for any help and comments
The dealer was absolutely helpful and willing to make it right. No issues on their service so far.

AndroidRobot 10-12-2017 08:12 AM

First question, did you custom order a moonlight blue SQ5? It's not a standard color option for the SQ5, only the Q5. Yes I would request something for the inconvenience and paperwork guranteeing the work.

e1superman 10-12-2017 08:15 AM

No I didn't custom order. Perhaps it was a custom order they had from someone else.

robfarmer 10-12-2017 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot (Post 25050719)
First question, did you custom order a moonlight blue SQ5? It's not a standard color option for the SQ5, only the Q5. Yes I would request something for the inconvenience and paperwork guranteeing the work.

It's a standard color (in the US). I remember it was available when I ordered in March and it's on Audi's configurator.

robfarmer 10-12-2017 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by e1superman (Post 25050557)
Hi all. I just closed a lease on a new SQ5 and during final inspection I saw an eraser sized bump in the paint, slightly raised, with a pen tip sized point where the paint had flaked off and the white primer was showing through. It looks like some type of debree was under the paint when it was painted at the factory. This is on the passenger side door about a third up from The bottom. The car is moonlight blue so this was pretty easy to spot.

I have a 36/10 lease.

Question: I noticed it before I accepted delivery and the dealer said they can sand it down and repaint the small area at their body shop. They said it would look factory when done. What are your thoughts? This will take 2-3 days which I assume I'm paying a lease on (I didn't get a loaner; I just kept me old car). Should I ask for any paperwork, work warrantee, cost offsets for the time I'm paying my lease (again I never took delivery). Should I do anything else?

Thanks for any help and comments
The dealer was absolutely helpful and willing to make it right. No issues on their service so far.

You should definitely ask for some sort of concessions such as a discount or something else.

AndroidRobot 10-12-2017 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by robfarmer (Post 25050747)
It's a standard color (in the US). I remember it was available when I ordered in March and it's on Audi's configurator.

Nevermind, I was thinking of Utopia Blue.