AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/)
-   -   Top View Camera Issue (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-mkii-discussion-218/top-view-camera-issue-2933609/)

ifeldman 11-26-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tdotq5 (Post 25241456)
Hi guys,
So I posted on this thread ages ago, got an 'update' that didn't solve the problem. Every. Single. Time. I start my car, I have to switch to camera mode. This is a super annoyance in the car that is otherwise perfect.... Sucks that there is no fix yet either, i hope someone here gets it fixed and lets us know. Or finds some sort of workaround (without voiding the warranty). I have a 2018 Q5 Technik....

I will say that firmware version 1316 has fixed the top view camera issue. I have had it installed since November 15 and the top view camera has stuck every time. Im not sure if the fix is officially released yet. To get the fix, my service department had received special permission from a technical field manager to download the fix into an SD card, which they used to update my firmware.

Tdotq5 11-26-2018 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by ifeldman (Post 25241539)
I will say that firmware version 1316 has fixed the top view camera issue. I have had it installed since November 15 and the top view camera has stuck every time. Im not sure if the fix is officially released yet. To get the fix, my service department had received special permission from a technical field manager to download the fix into an SD card, which they used to update my firmware.

Excellent thank you. I'm expecting a call back from A service manager tomorrow and will tell him what you told me hopefully they can do this in Toronto.

Steve C 11-26-2018 08:44 PM

After bugging my service manager every month for a year he said this "I reached out to my Technical Field Manager and he sent me an early release for you to perform on the camera issue"
So I have an appointment next week and hoping this will be it.

ifeldman 11-26-2018 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tdotq5 (Post 25241615)
Excellent thank you. I'm expecting a call back from A service manager tomorrow and will tell him what you told me hopefully they can do this in Toronto.

I remember someone posting earlier in this topic that they had firmware version 1320 for this fix in Canada.

rccoleman 11-27-2018 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ifeldman (Post 25241619)

I remember someone posting earlier in this topic that they had firmware version 1320 for this fix in Canada.

1320 has come installed in new cars for several months and it does have the fix for this issue, but I haven't heard of any cars being updated to that version. I quizzed the dealer, the shop foreman, and AoA when 1320 first showed up in production, and they all made it clear that it was only intended for new cars from the factory. It would be surprising if Audi Canada received authorization to install it on older cars.

rentonrenton 11-27-2018 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tdotq5 (Post 25241615)

I'm also in Toronto. Which dealer are you dealing with, brother?

jaims 11-27-2018 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by rccoleman (Post 25241752)
1320 has come installed in new cars for several months and it does have the fix for this issue, but I haven't heard of any cars being updated to that version. I quizzed the dealer, the shop foreman, and AoA when 1320 first showed up in production, and they all made it clear that it was only intended for new cars from the factory. It would be surprising if Audi Canada received authorization to install it on older cars.

I'm wondering if the (apparent) need to lobby one's service manager to have the 1320 installed - or similarly postings about the dealer finally getting clearance from Audi Corporate for the install, manifests an issue as between the dealers and Audi in regards to compensation to the dealer for the time incurred to do the install. Parenthetically speaking, while the update would not seem to be a labor intensive endeavor, some posts have alluded to the updating process to be more than a cursory undertaking. Perhaps those who post about the dealer being given the green light is essentially Audi green lighting reimbursement to the dealer for the service time in updating it.

Support for this is drawn from the continuing absence of a TSB being posted regarding a problem that has been around for almost a year... a problem which I contend has been an issue more frequently raised with dealers/Audi than some here suggest. This absence of a TSB is a real head scratcher when considering that there are quite a few posted TSBs for issues that seldom -if ever - get raised on this forum as a problem. Arguably, there are enough calls into Audi by service managers confronted with this by owners for a TSB to be generated - a step that would seemingly be fulfilling one of the purposes of a TSB: how to address an issue that service techs may not have prior knowledge of, let alone advising the tech how to address the issue.

rccoleman 11-27-2018 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by jaims (Post 25241795)
I'm wondering if the (apparent) need to lobby one's service manager to have the 1320 installed - or similarly postings about the dealer finally getting clearance from Audi Corporate for the install, manifests an issue as between the dealers and Audi in regards to compensation to the dealer for the time incurred to do the install. Parenthetically speaking, while the update would not seem to be a labor intensive endeavor, some posts have alluded to the updating process to be more than a cursory undertaking. Perhaps those who post about the dealer being given the green light is essentially Audi green lighting reimbursement to the dealer for the service time in updating it.

I'm certain that's it, plus liability for any issues down the road that may or may not stem from an unauthorized upgrade. From what I can tell, the dealer doesn't have much autonomy and is really just a do-er, while AoA and TAC are the deciders. And the leverage is further support from Audi, both in terms of resolving issues and getting paid to fix them.

jaims 11-27-2018 01:03 PM

Per an earlier post of mine, those who have received permission to install the updated version may well be in an ad hoc Beta test scenario.

Here's hoping that those with the new update continue to not incur any (other?) issues traced to or caused by the update; and that as time progresses without any issues, Audi will soon get out a TSB with the firm update as an approved fix.

rhintz 11-27-2018 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by jaims (Post 25241870)
Per an earlier post of mine, those who have received permission to install the updated version may well be in an ad hoc Beta test scenario.

Here's hoping that those with the new update continue to not incur any (other?) issues traced to or caused by the update; and that as time progresses without any issues, Audi will soon get out a TSB with the firm update as an approved fix.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...ef5e08a038.png