AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Q7 vs. XC90 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/q7-vs-xc90-2914616/)

Eppieguy 02-17-2017 10:13 AM

I do not know of a top speed but I've used mine at 80 ish and it worked fine.

Keyser Wi 02-17-2017 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by PB927 (Post 24924022)
What speed does the driver assist work up to?

The intelligent cruise control basically works at any speed, and it works very well. You have to toggle the lever when it stops more than a few seconds (don't remember the exact number).

The lane assist works at 0-20 mph (called traffic jam assist) AND above 40-mph (called active cruise control). Keep in mind, this is "lane assist" not self-steering. It helps driver to stay in lane. It disengages on curvy roads or when visibility is bad.

Meyecul 02-17-2017 10:18 AM

Back when the xc90 was introduced I was quite excited to have it on my short list for my next vehicle. It came out and the magazine reviews etc were stellar. Coming from a 2013 Q7 and knowing at the time the new Q7 was on the way I wanted to sit back a bit and see some new xc90 owners impressions and reviews. Consumers started taking delivery and at first was looking very promising. Then it all started. Posts about being stranded, towing needed, battery drains, water leaks and it went on and on. Then owners filing lemon law buy backs etc.

Now I know people come to the online forums looking for solutions and more to post problems vs praise, but the amount of consistent issues that kept appearing from more and more owners was alarming. Not little stuff or annoyances, but serious stuff. It got to the point that I never bothered even a test drive as I did not want to be tempted into thinking "I will get a trouble free one". Then the new Q7 came out and it was all over for me anyway. The old Q7 and new one are worlds apart. I still love the looks of the xc90 both inside and out but get the luxury package on your Q7 and the xc90 will be jealous :-).

I do not regret never driving the xc90 as a lot of the problems appear to still persist in the 17's. I live in so cal and I have seen in person not 1, not 2, but 3 new xc90s in the last year stalled on the side of road or freeway. All I could think was thankfully I went with the Audi.

Keyser Wi 02-17-2017 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by PB927 (Post 24924019)
........... Question regarding Q7 vs XC90 - it sounds like the XC90 has made some good progress in driver assistance (a friend of mine drove from NH to Boston on the highway in their XC90 without touching the steering wheel). How does the Q7 compare?

I heard from Volvo salesman and read about the XC90 Pilot Assist II and was impressed by it. It's comparable to Tesla's.

Q7's is not even close. You have to steer it. The system will beep on you if you don't steer it. It does give the steering a nudge to correct the course if you are about to cross the dividing line without turn signal. The traffic assist and cruise control are great, but then again, it's not comparable to Tesla's or XC90's.

lapi 02-17-2017 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by PB927 (Post 24924022)
What speed does the driver assist work up to?

Adaptive Cruise Control can be set upto 95MPH. Lane assist works with no speed limit that I know of :-).

gta7 02-17-2017 12:38 PM

I had an '05 Volvo S60R, other than a lengthy fuel pump issue it was a great car. Fun to drive a Volvo stood behind it. Definitely had turbo lag, but it's a different ball game with the XC90.

I looked at Volvo, Audi and Infinity as the wife had to have the third row.

I love my '16 A7 and the 3.0T is awesome In the end it was the driving characteristics of the Q7 that made our choice. My wife loves to drive I wanted her in something that would be fun to drive. We went with a Prestige with the air suspension and drivers assistance. Should be fun! We pick it up tomorrow.